IO the Crappiest NYE Ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Numb1075

ONE love, blood, life
Here is my tail of woe......

The game plan was for me, Mrs numb, and baby Numb to drive Friday night to my wife's girlfriend's house in the Poconos Pennsylvania (Skiing/vacation area for those who do not know). We'd stay over Friday night w/ 3 other couples (none of whom have babies). We would ski all day on Saturday and then party on New Year's Eve. Come home on new years day at some point. Sounds fun right? WRONG !

Here's what actually happened:

Drive 2 hours to get to this house. Mrs Numb goes inside to find out where we can put baby numb for a bit while we unload the car and he can continue sleeping.

So, I sit in the car for half an hour w/ baby numb.... I'm growing impatient just having driven 2 hours and still sitting in the car.

Mrs Numb comes out and says, we have a small problem....apparently the heat broke in the house. the thermostat read 45 degrees inside. Well, we can't stay in the house w/ the baby. everyone inside was wearing hats and scarves.....

So, we can either drive home 2 hours or find a hotel. Mrs numb decides she'd rather stay in a hotel. So, upon pulling out of the driveway (Mrs numb is driving because I just ate a "fun" brownie) she backs into a ditch...car is now on it's side. I get the 3 other guys to come out and help push us out of the ditch. Ok, we are back on the road and drive half an hour to the nearest hotels, back in the direction which we just drove through...2 hotels have no vacancies. finally, we find the Bates Motel w/ a spare room at $150 for the night. Lots of fun sleping there w/ baby in the middle, finally got to sleep at 3am.

We wake up, call her friend's house and find ou the heat is still not fixed. Mrs Numb wants to go back there anyway....so we drive half an hour to go back to the frigid house....hang out for an hour. Everyone decides that it's not a good idea to go skiing because of the bad sleep they had in the cold. So, our choices are to go back to someone's house in Brooklyn, go back to a friend's apartment in Manhattan, or go home. I choose to go home, but once again, Mrs Numb wants to hang out w/ her friends still. So we all decide to go back to Manhattan and drive 2+ hours through a snow storm. For those of you not familiar w/ Manhattan on New Year's eve, let me tell you, it's bedlum. Fun when I was 21, but not now.

we stay at this tiny apartment until 9pm and trek an hour back home. I was asleep by 11:15pm.

Fun fun fun.....

I think I had the worst New Years "celebration" in 2002, and then again in 2004.

2002 - Sister was sick at hospital, so Dad and I were home alone, dad goes off to bed at 9:30ish :lol:

2004 - I'm home alone, end up watching a becker marathon :rejet: :lol:

Oh my....my NYs Eve was so so with friends over. It was NYs DAY when the shit hit the fan for me....thus I say CRAPPY NEW YEAR. Things are getting a wee bit better.....I wish I had a fun brownie and the :giggle: tho!

My son goes to this place in San Diego and I can't say where but they sell yummy brownies that are yummy flavored happy fun brownies and they are $7 each. :drool: :happy: :heart: :D

Back
Top Bottom