IO: The Boss can kiss my arse!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BluRmGrl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I was offered & have accepted what I believe to be a wonderful job today!!! They are very anxious to have me start, but will wait until 6/20, which allows me to give a 2-week notice... sort of.

My boss is on vacation all this week, so if I gave notice now it would be to our office manager, who would pass the message along sometime this week when the boss calls in from his cruise to see how things are going.

Here's the real hitch, though: Although I have worked hard for this man over the last 2 1/2 years, there is at least a 99.999998% chance that he will NOT pay me for my unused vacation/personal time that I have remaining for the year (which is just over 10 days' time.... I come to work unlike some of our other employees!).

I was advised today by two coworkers (who know I'm leaving) to not give official notice since I never intend on returning to work for this man while he's alive (he's 73). Instead, they suggest I immediately request the week of 6/20 - 6/25 as "vacation"...... and come in that weekend, clean out my office & leave my key & resignation letter to be found the following Monday! Now mind you, these aren't slackers giving me this advice - they're another licensed insurance agent like myself and our Associate Agent... my boss's protege!!!

I agree the guy will probably never pay me for the unused vacation time, but it's a dirty little trick to pull on an unsuspecting boss and I wonder if I'm asking for some baaaaad karma by doing so? Keep in mind, I've made and SAVED this man much more money that he'd be paying me in this kind little gesture, but is that enough to justify it? Even if I have no intentions of slacking off over the next 2 weeks??

Opinions? Suggestions? Thanks! :up:

Last edited:
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I was going to have to kick some ass if you were talking about Brooooooce.

I'd kick my own ass if that were the case!!!! Long live THE Boss! :D

I think this is good fodder for Sicy's thread....My apologies (that is so this next comment doesn't seem mean)....but you lost me at "I got a new job"

Too much posting for IO. :shifty:

BluRmGrl said:
I
I was advised today by two coworkers (who know I'm leaving) to not give official notice since I never intend on returning to work for this man while he's alive (he's 73). Instead, they suggest I immediately request the week of 6/20 - 6/25 as "vacation"...... and come in that weekend, clean out my office & leave my key & resignation letter to be found the following Monday! Now mind you, these aren't slackers giving me this advice - they're another licensed insurance agent like myself and our Associate Agent... my boss's protege!!!

I agree.
And have been thinking about doing the same thing when I leave my job lol
:wink:

i read the whole thing, jeff :angry:

i think she should take the vacation before she gives notice

after two years, she's earned it

I say take the vacation time...

I did this once and it worked out great;;long story but I worked during the "vacation" when I returned, I turned in all my files, COMPLETED, turned in my service bills and in essence got double pay...said thanks a lot, it was a pleasure and out the door to a new PI...

Now, I'm my own PI :up:

Then I guess tomorrow when I get back to the office (I've been in Traffic Court all day today! :madspit: ) I'll go ahead & put in for that "vacation". :evil:

That is soo evil.... is it wrong that I like it? :ohmy: :laugh:

Mr. BAW said:
So lustful getting away with it...its so wrong but it feels so goooood! :lol:

Good luck, congrats on the new position! :wink:
:kiss: Thanks... going back to my insurance "roots". I'll be the Claims Examiner for an independent adjusting firm. They're a young, growing company (5yrs old) with adjusters up & down the East Coast and expanding into the Mid-Atlantic.

I'm really excited about the possibilities with this company. :hyper: (Not to mention the pay increase & the grasp on reality these folks have. Two of the laundry-list of things missing from my current employment!)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom