IO: Take Your Bagel Materials and Shove Them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
I usually eat breakfast at the office so I can sleep until the last possible moment before work. This generally consists of a bagel, a cup of coffee, and a piece of fruit. I used to buy both my bagels and my coffee from the caf at work, but in an effort to cut costs, I've started buying coffee and bagels at the grocery store and bringing them into the office. This has been going on for a few days.

This morning, I went to the caf to toast my bagel and get some butter for it (I would bring butter from home, too, but there's no fridge in my office in which I could keep it). And the cafeteria lady tried to charge me for the butter packets, the plastic knife, the napkin, and the plate! :mad:

My coworker Jillian said that I should go back there tomorrow, attempt to buy a bagel, and then give them a quarter less than what I'd usually pay because I would say I brought my own plate, napkin, knife, and butter packets from home.

bonosgirl84 said:
ask her if you're going to have to pay for the air you're breathing in the caf too :mad:

No shit huh. That is just ridiculous.

they started doing that at my work too - although not for the plastic cutlery - that is just plain wrong.

Next time tell them you took the plate home and washed it.

strange people - think when they see people bringing their own stuff in, they figure we have to make money somehow, but that bites

How ridiculous. :rolleyes:

We have a little fridge at work...plus some dishes (and a dishwasher too!)...so I can always bring my own stuff.

I know. Suggest a small work fridge maybe.

Although, someone has to clean it out, and that job sucks.

they do this at my work too... if it's not part of the meal etc that you've bought - you have to pay for the extra items. Like say you're coffee is burning you hand off and you put an extra cup around it. It's total bullshit. I just bring a bowl for my cereal or a tupperware container, wash it out and keep it in my locker for when I bring stuff from home.

:sigh: I slept too late this morning to eat before work.

So do I break my boycott and hit up the caf for a bagel, or do I starve with nobility until lunchtime?

Back
Top Bottom