IO: Surgery or Drink and PEE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
A month to get the stone out!

Well....

basically the stone is stuck. ........

It hurts......

I was told they can go in through Mr. Happy.....all the way up to my kidney with some kind of basket, and pull the stone out.

Then they have to go back up through Mr. Happy and put a stint in to make sure the tube between my Kidney and Bladder does not close.

Then after a month they have to go back through Mr. Happy and remove the Stint.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or, I can continue to drink and pee
and drink and pee
and drink and pee
praying that Mr. Happy does not get snaked like a sink drain.

Then if it does not come out in a month....surgery is the only option!!!!

:censored:

Drink and Pee
Narcotics
Drink and Pee
Narcotics
Drink and Pee
Xtra Stregth Tylenol so I can teach

:yikes:

depends on how much pain you can stand i suppose. if i was in serious pain like that i'd prolly have the surgery and get it over with if odds were that i'd end up having to have the surgery anyway rather than prolonging the pain. i think removing a kidney stone is a relatively simple procedure as far as surgeries go.

being on that much medication for that long probably can't be a good thing either :shrug:

:hug:

Surgery is our friend, Dread! I've had things done through Mrs. Happy, and, while it's not even close to the same ickiness, it was a good way to go. Abel's got a point; a month of narcotics can't be good for you, and then you may need the surgery anyway. Get it over with now, let your insurance pay for it, and let Mr. Happy get back to bidness. :sexywink:

(Snaked like a sink drain :lol: )

martha said:
Surgery is our friend, Dread! I've had things done through Mrs. Happy, and, while it's not even close to the same ickiness, it was a good way to go. Abel's got a point; a month of narcotics can't be good for you, and then you may need the surgery anyway. Get it over with now, let your insurance pay for it, and let Mr. Happy get back to bidness. :sexywink:

(Snaked like a sink drain :lol: )

Mrs. Happy! :lmao:

Damn straight Martha! I've had one full year free of pain as of the 18th of this month due to my surgery..I won't get into exactly what was done (Martha knows) but I haven't regreted it for a second.

Get the surgery Dread!

yikes. i've got no idea what you should do, and am extremly bad at offering meaningful advice. surgery scares me, and massive amounts of narcotics are quite frightening. :hug: i'm sorry you're in so much pain.

nbcrusader said:
Can they do the ultrasonic surgery? It breaks up the stone into little pieces - much easier to pass.

It is apparently to small to do that to or something.

cant you use like a pin roller or something to help squeeze it out?

hmm, thats a bad image, sorry

I choose:
C) None of the above.

But since that's not really an option I agree with the "get it over with" crowd.

Good luck.

I think you're going to be in pain for a lengthy amount of time either way - but if I didn't absolutely have to be in the hospital, I wouldn't - too big of a risk of picking something up while you're there.

Personally, I would beg and plead for them to try the shockwave/ultrasonic treatment.....

:hug:

Back
Top Bottom