IO: St. Helens may erupt again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
are they going off?

i actually heard about st. helens on the news last nite. i used to have a leaf with ash on it that my dad brought back from there. he was a pilot and had a layover there shortly after the eruption. back in the 80's.

ABEL said:
are they going off?

i actually heard about st. helens on the news last nite. i used to have a leaf with ash on it that my dad brought back from there. he was a pilot and had a layover there shortly after the eruption. back in the 80's.

I could have given him a bag of ash from my gutters.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
anyone else just a bit curious over the fact that there are earthquakes on the san andreas while at the same time earthquakes and rumblin' goin' on at mt. st. helans? or am i just nuts?

Have you been watching too many NBC special disaster mini-series with Rob Lowe again?

but yes, that is strange

Headache in a Suitcase said:
anyone else just a bit curious over the fact that there are earthquakes on the san andreas while at the same time earthquakes and rumblin' goin' on at mt. st. helans? or am i just nuts?

actually i was wondering about that too. i'd think they're both too far away to really be related but it did make me think that maybe thay affect eachother in some way. :shrug:

hmm, is it foggy at mt. st. helens this morning? the web cam is all gray lol. :shifty:

ABEL said:
hmm, is it foggy at mt. st. helens this morning? the web cam is all gray lol. :shifty:

Was foggy and overcast most of the day. They said on the news that the mountain has been shifted one inch north in the past few days. Now that might not sound like much but imagine what it took to move that whole mountain an inch!

:yikes:

from the mt. st. helens website:

USGS issued this “Advisory” based on accelerated seismic activity at Mount St. Helens – 3 to 4 earthquakes per minute as of Wednesday morning and preliminary measurements showing a slight 1-2 centimeter movement in the dome, caused by earthquakes over the past five days.

thar she blows!!!!!!!!

unfortunately i can't get a pic of it right now, the web cam isn't working...probably too many ppl trying to log on now. i just saw it on cnn.

ABEL said:
thar she blows!!!!!!!!

unfortunately i can't get a pic of it right now, the web cam isn't working...probably too many ppl trying to log on now. i just saw it on cnn.

You didn't miss much. It was more like a hiccup.

Back
Top Bottom