IO: my new car was stolen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mellyinsf

The Fly
I thought I might have just lost it, however Low Jack found it this afternoon downtown completely stripped. Now I'm also officially broke

:censored: joyriders

One time thugs stole our car but it was a piece of crap and they could only reverse it out of the driveway play with the lights and leave it on the road.

Im sorry they stole your car though :hug:

that sucks ...

I have had my car broken into, but never stolen. I reamed out the police because they would not take a police report at 6am because the steering column wasn't damaged ...

Lara Mullen said:
One time thugs stole our car but it was a piece of crap and they could only reverse it out of the driveway play with the lights and leave it on the road.

:lmao: I used to own a piece of crap too. Right about now I wish I still did so these things would not happen

The stupid SM police department won't even do an investigation. They said what do you want you got your car back.

LAZY days at the police department

mellyinsf said:

:lmao: I used to own a piece of crap too. Right about now I wish I still did so these things would not happen

No the thugs tried to steal the piece of crap :lol:

We have a nice car now though - nothing has happened to it but we have really annoying children in our street who are really brazen and enjoy pestering you while your in your car. they arent out much these days its REALLY cold here in winter and they hibernate until about June :heart:

I was out driving with my instructor last week

Me *slowing car down* These children ahead never get off the road

Instructor: They will move

*Children stand on road*

Instructor: *beeps horn* Drive Laura if you knock them over its their own fault.... :shifty: :laugh:

I do have insurance the cheap kind :sad:

Thanks verte76, Ody, ILuvLarryMullen, Boomchaa (yes please kill), Khanda, Lara, Jesica, and Velvetdress you all are really sweet. This thread has already made me feel better.

Insurance company did tell me just now they will pay for rental car YEAH! They said no to the sports car, but I think a Kia Rio will get me around, better then the bus.

:huh: Kia Rio:huh: :| :( :eyebrow:

Omg that totally sucks :| I'm sorry. What kind of car was it?

Punk ass kids :angry:

Did you say San Mateo PD? You must live close to me.

All they do is harrass teenagers and eat doughnuts :rant:

Santa Monica PD. They are also fat and eat doughnuts all day.

LAZY!

When I lived up north in SF, I also had my car broken into, but never Stolen. It's a pretty creepy experience

You had a Wrexie stolen?? Oh man...so sorry to hear it matie.
:mad: bastards.
I know this is probably not what you want to hear, but with a car like that, at least they DID write it off by stripping it. I always think if my car ever gets stolen, they sure as shit better finish it off cos there's no way in hell I would want it back after some disgusting piece of shit has done God knows what in it. I would rather a clean goodbye to my car, not some 'fixed up' shadow of its former self, never knowing what they had done in it, always knowing some shitbag had been in it etc...
Sorry again melly.
:(

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
F*ck the Police and your insurance company!

I agree with that even though I'm a retired cop and now work as an insurance investigator! In 1998 I had my car broken into and my briefcase stolen - it included a Minolta 35MM SLR; tape recorder, many many cassettes of cases I was working on; notes from 5 insurance losses involving others and their ID - my retired Police Badge and a loaded .38 Smith and Wesson with 18 extra rounds of ammo...

Anaheim Police came out; wouldn't take fingerprints "because it will just make a mess and we won't find anyone anyway!" and the insurance company told me that my loss totaled $1,090 dollars/my deductible was $1,000...fuck me running!

AND...the insurance said they would have covered the WHOLE AMOUNT if the car had showed signs that it was moved "as in" if they tried to steal it... "I told the dispatcher that if I had known that, and I now do, I'd have pushed that fucker out into the highway and let them find it there!" next time..... Sorry about the loss of your car but I know how it feels! :yes:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
:ohmy: shit that sucks rick.

after i posted my remark, which btw i was kidding, i remembered that you are a retired police officer. i was only kidding. :reject:

OMG Iris..you should hear the way he talks about cops! He's not offended, trust me :laugh:

Hey kid... :heart: :hug: Char will tell you that there is no one more critical of the new breed than me....I know that there are a lot of people here who are friends, brothers, sisters, of cops but the lower hiring standards and lack of formal education make it easy to get that job...have you watched COPS.... all they do is sting some poor slob for stealing a bike or the set up some poor old grampa for wanting a piece of ass! sorry folks, just my time to vent, many of you have never seen that!

Your friend, Mr. B.

PS - if it weren't for the fact that some idiot ran over me on my Police Motorcycle I'd still be out there...working with idiots on both sides of the fence...!!

Hope the insurance fixes your car MSF!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom