IO: My BF and I will be living together soon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When he moves in, save all the boxes from his stuff so he can build a cave out of them. It'll be hours of fun and will satisfy his need for a sacred man-space into which he can crawl when he is having male PMS, not to mention that guys like to build stuff.

:wink:

obviously I am kidding. mostly.

U2Girl1978 said:
Any advice you'd like to give me? :wink:
Depending on the level of cleanliness your BF generally achieves, let's just say I hope you like science & horticulture.... :huh:

(As in: things growing in the fridge, stuff sprouting in bath/shower, suspicious odors emanating from his shoes and clothes, etc. etc. etc. Just remember this: Guys are icky!) :lol:

I moved in with my boyfriend earlier this year. He is 30 years old and has never lived with a significant other. He is stubborn and set in his ways...and I lived with my dad, who basically allowed me to do what I want (whatever show on TV, whatever radio station, etc), even if it didn't exactly suit him. So when we first started living together...there were some rough patches. :yikes: It was also hard for me because I didn't feel like I had my own space anymore, like I did back home with my bedroom.

In summary...compromise, understanding, respect, and patience.

Or just eat his brains if you don't get your own way. :angry:

expect changes.....

establishing your boundries with each other can lead to huge fights....which are soon forgotten:hug: but they still suck:madspit:

be considerate of the other persons habits, you cannot change them

be honest

:hmm:.....

share household chores

compromise...compromise..compromise..even when you hate thier decoration taste:| :wink:

forgive and forget

do random acts of kindness around the house

don't lose your sense of humor:up:

don't hog all the hot water:wink:

goodluck Jules:hug:

My husband's apartment came complete with a dirt floor when I met him.:yikes: I was eventually able to change at least this habit. He also had what I thought was a copper stove. It was white. I'll keep you in my prayers.

good luck & god bless...

no firearms in the house for at least 9 months :lol:

seriously, if you two want to be together you will work through any "adjustments" needed to be happy.

ahh, young love...
:)

yes, it is normal to be nervous. caron and i have been contemplating living together for the last couple of months. :yikes:

it is getting closer but no date has been set yet...

Compromise and communication! Very important for couples. :D

Be sure to have lots of blankets and pillows so that you don't fight over them. Otherwise, practice saying this:

"Your pillow pilfering for your own personal purposes is properly pissing me off!"

Mr. BAW said:
If you can honestly say that you fart in front of each other, then you're good to go....if you're going outside or holding it, forget it, you're not ready! :up:

girls don't do that Mr. BAW:angry:

they don't poop either:shh:

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom