IO: Mismatched couples irritate me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cdisantis83

Refugee
I have a very attractive and personable female friend who frequently talks about her long-term boyfriend. Yesterday, I finally met this guy...and was totally underwhelmed. He seemed to have very little personality and was average-looking at best. I understand that the politically correct thing to say is that he must make her "happy" in some intangible fashion, but, if I am to be honest, I will never understand how a match like this ever precipitated in the first place. Or maybe I am simply an asshole.

cdisantis83 said:
I have a very attractive and personable female friend

Do you wish she were more than a friend?

who frequently talks about her long-term boyfriend.

If you do, that must be a bummer. :(

Yesterday, I finally met this guy

Did you go play mini-golf? :hyper:

...and was totally underwhelmed.

At least they weren't trying to set you up with him.

He seemed to have very little personality

Maybe he's just kind of shy...or he's embarrassed that his mini-golf skills pale in comparison to yours.

and was average-looking at best.

OH MY GOSH! THIS IS UNNACCEPTABLE! HOT PEOPLE CAN ONLY DATE OTHER HOT PEOPLE OR ELSE THE UNIVERSE ISN'T BALANCED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WORLDS ARE COLLIDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scream:

I understand that the politically correct thing to say is that he must make her "happy" in some intangible fashion,

Oh, yeah, I forgot that non-hot people can still make people happy! :happy:

but, if I am to be honest,

I'd hope that you would be, I don't like liars. Not even if they are hot.

I will never understand how a match like this ever precipitated in the first place.

GEORGE IS GETTING UPSET!!!!!!

Or maybe I am simply an asshole.

Well...maybe just kind of judgemental.

P.S. Do you have a spork?

c'mon, sing along with doozer....

"If you wanna be happy
For the rest of your life,
Never make a pretty woman your wife,
So from my personal point of view,
Get an ugly girl to marry you.

A pretty woman makes her husband look small
And very often causes his downfall.
As soon as he marries her
Then she starts to do
The things that will break his heart.
But if you make an ugly woman your wife,
You'll be happy for the rest of your life,
An ugly woman cooks her meals on time,
She'll always give you peace of mind.

Don't let your friends say
You have no taste,
Go ahead and marry anyway,
Though her face is ugly,
Her eyes don't match,
Take it from me she's a better catch."

:whistle:

Doozer61 said:
c'mon, sing along with doozer....

"If you wanna be happy
For the rest of your life,
Never make a pretty woman your wife,
So from my personal point of view,
Get an ugly girl to marry you.

A pretty woman makes her husband look small
And very often causes his downfall.
As soon as he marries her
Then she starts to do
The things that will break his heart.
But if you make an ugly woman your wife,
You'll be happy for the rest of your life,
An ugly woman cooks her meals on time,
She'll always give you peace of mind.

Don't let your friends say
You have no taste,
Go ahead and marry anyway,
Though her face is ugly,
Her eyes don't match,
Take it from me she's a better catch."

:whistle:

Hey, man!
Hey, man!

I saw your wife the other day!
Yeah?

Yeah, and she's ugggglllyyy!
Yeah, she's ugly but she sure can cook!

(from Doozer's song....) :dance:

i think there should be some suspensions for taking this thread off-topic after the first post. trolling, if you ask me. :tsk:

headache, i've definitely noticed the same thing. i have a few couples friends who are comprised of an attractive girl and a so-so guy, but none the other way around. maybe i just don't know any good looking guys. not that i would say are good looking, of course. :wink:

on a related note, i have a friend who believes that people who get together should be proportional in size....it's a huge hang-up for him. he and his wife have all these friends whom they'd like to set up with each other because they think they'd get along great, but they won't do it because they're not the appropriate height, etc. for each other. :huh:

Utoo said:
i think there should be some suspensions for taking this thread off-topic after the first post. trolling, if you ask me. :tsk:

Are you for real?

This is IO.

Please hand over your brains, with plenty of salt thanks. :drool:

Utoo said:

IO is not doing its part to make Interference a welcome place for potential newbies. :tsk:

:wink:

We never have.

Why start now.

for-sandwiches.jpg

cdisantis83 said:
I have a very attractive and personable female friend who frequently talks about her long-term boyfriend. Yesterday, I finally met this guy...and was totally underwhelmed. He seemed to have very little personality and was average-looking at best. I understand that the politically correct thing to say is that he must make her "happy" in some intangible fashion, but, if I am to be honest, I will never understand how a match like this ever precipitated in the first place. Or maybe I am simply an asshole.

Wat ya mean is you wanna get into her knickers and yer jealous?
Maybe she is a genuine gal and not shallow, hence why she is with him.

Re: Re: IO: Mismatched couples irritate me

gman said:

Wat ya mean is you wanna get into her knickers and yer jealous?

:happy:

Maybe she is a genuine gal and not shallow, hence why she is with him.

In all sincerity, I would hate to suggest that an unattractive guy should not be with a hot girl, but it can lead to serious problems. In this instance, he is aware that she is far too hot for him, which makes him ridiculously protective- and the resulting situation can never be advantageous.

Re: Re: Re: IO: Mismatched couples irritate me

cdisantis83 said:

:happy:and the resulting situation can never be advantageous.
Unless he's great at working her G-spot. Everybody wins. :shame:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
it i a bit ponderous when you see a really hot chick with some guy who looks like sloth from the goonies. you don't really see the opposite situation... a good looking guy with some chick who looks like shrek. probably because the guy's afraid to be seen in public with the beastoid.

well i have a good friend whom i consider quite attractive who is with a girl that is definitely much bigger than him, and has skin problems and such. This wouldn't matter except she'd also pretty much a bitch, always starting petty arguments, blatantly lying to him, etc...oh and she's also not very smart. she almost failed high school and has the worst spelling of anyone I know (like, ridiculously bad). some of the things she says are just :huh: she also thinks everyone is stalking (or as she says, 'stocking') her. It doesn't make any sense because my friend is one of the most intelligent people I know. I've long accepted that this relationship makes no sense to me and never will.

but srsly guys, circle cats

circle-cats.jpg

Back
Top Bottom