IO: It's Oktoberfest time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
october, ha. it's still summer here.
i just ditched my cooler and chairs at the river
to come home and defrost chicken for the grill.

:heart: nevada.

Im jealous bg

Its cold here

Its sunny in the afternoon but it gets chilly fast! :|

chicken dance anyone??? :hyper: :dance: :hyper:

The last time I went to Octoberfest, I got drunk as a skunk and fell backwards into a mud puddle in the parking lot...that was also the night of my first alcohol related blackout :eek: :reject:

I don't go anymore :no:

I'm wanna be german. some of my ancestors moved to germany and adopted german names before eventually settling in the US.

I think the Irish, English, and Scottish in me is plenty enough to make me enjoy drinking.

I am Polish ... but I may celebrate Ocktoberfest if time permits ...

I must figure out what kinds of celebrations are taking place.

Oktoberfests are fun. Unfortunately they are also mostly in other states. I'm part German, so one time I went to an Oktoberfest put on by some local Germans. It was OK, not great. I don't drink because of some meds I have to take, so..........

I am drinking some Crooked River ale right now to celebrate...going to work tomorrow.

I had this one beer at Octoberfest in a German bar.
The glass must've been 3 feet high with a dash of lemon.
After one of those my brain said "tweet"!
So, I had a few more.
The bartender got pissed at me, because I kept on playing
"Honky Tonk BLues" by Hank Williams Sr. all night. :) :)

Last edited:
Bono's American Wife said:
chicken dance anyone??? :hyper: :dance: :hyper:

The last time I went to Octoberfest, I got drunk as a skunk and fell backwards into a mud puddle in the parking lot...that was also the night of my first alcohol related blackout :eek: :reject:

I don't go anymore :no:

Yes, she did and she :dance: :dance: :dance: to the
OmpPaPa Band..!!!! :drunk:

mmmm beerfest

Big Oktoberfest tents are plentiful in this part of the country. :up: Watch out for that German beer though...it's stronger thsn the watered down American stuff.

:drunk:

newulm_oktob.jpg

where I am living now it is Oktoberfest town in October that is for sure. We celebrate from Oct 10-18....I think I may even be hosting an Oktoberfest beer and sausage fest.....I love this time of year...fall, the seasons changing, colours, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Oktoberfest...gotta love it..

Back
Top Bottom