IO: I'm right, you're wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laura M

Blue Crack Addict
I hate people telling me I'm wrong about something that I am most definately 100% correct about and then they go on so much about how they are right you agree with them just to finish the conversation but I'm still thinking how silly my friend could be to be convinced Freddie Mercury was Japanese and was called Barry Bacherach at birth.

:tsk:

My mother used to have a boss who insisted they spoke Swedish in Switzerland. It was ridiculous. Even when my mother took a Swiss publication in German to work, the idiot insisted that the publication was a hoax or something because there was no way she could be wrong.

Lara Mullen said:
I hate people telling me I'm wrong about something that I am most definately 100% correct about and then they go on so much about how they are right you agree with them just to finish the conversation ...

:tsk:

My oldest boy does that a lot; I just finish the conversation and then think to myself, "he's such a dumbass! how could he be mine????" :yes:

:lol:

Mr. BAW and I had one of those conversations with his oldest sister a few months ago.

She was insisting that the electricity generating windmills in the desert near Palm Springs are powered by electricity...not wind :der:

She couldn't see our point that the windmills were installed to GENERATE electricity, not to use more of it and that windmills normally run on, uh...WIND, but she still insists she's right.

I have to ask Lara...does your friend think that Barry Bacherach is a Japanese name or was Freddie adopted by a Western family? :laugh:

Bono's American Wife said:
I have to ask Lara...does your friend think that Barry Bacherach is a Japanese name or was Freddie adopted by a Western family? :laugh:

I really don't know. When I told him he was born in Tanzania he told me he might be wrong but I wasn't right and if it wasn't Japan it was India or China.

I don't know about the Barry Bacherach bit. I really don't know. He calls himself a U2 fan. He thinks they have made about 3 albums, he thinks they are all in their 50's and 60's, he has never heard of Achtung Baby and calls Bono, Bone-o or Bone-i-o. I used to think he did it to be funny but he's seriously a few sandwiches short of a picnic in the music dept. He does know a wide range of Christmas songs though and is like a mobile jukebox at the minute. He will randommly start singing a Christmas tune whenever he feels like it. Last week we were out shopping and he set off all the singing Rudolphs and he was singing along with them to Grandma got run over by a reindeer. There was a man beside us shouting at his 2 children (who were about 4 & 6) for glancing sideways at the singing Rudolphs and there was my friend (a 21 year old) dancing and singing in the middle of the shop. In his defence he had went out to celebrate his classes finishing earlier that day and had been in the pub all afternoon.

I see where he got confused though. If my memory serves me well Freddie was born Faruksh Bulsara in India.

He later changed his name.

There's a line in "My fairy king" that says "Mother Mercury look what they've done to me" and so he got his name from that.

I think...

I've never heard of a Japanese person called Barry Bacherach myself, with a mother called betty too. I know he later changed his name. I like Queen, my friend does not. This was the whole point of our conversation, him trying to prove me wrong about something he didn't know. I am pretty sure he was born in Zanzibar, as something like Frederic/ Farookah Bulsara.

Yes Freddie was born in Zanzibar. I get sick of all the 'it's my opinion' shit especially when something like that is a FACT that can be easily proven with the right sourcebook. Find one and show your friend.

Yes, Freddie was born in Zanzibar. Some people may be confused because his parents were Parsees from India. However, he wasn't born in India.

Back
Top Bottom