IO I'm not getting into college

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pgv

ONE love, blood, life
I messed up my literature exam really bad today. You need C's and above in english or science to get into college. And I won't be getting anything above a U in science because I'm in hawaii during my physics exam..
They really should make the questions more easy to understand :sad:

I don't think so... we had a choice of doing 1 of 4 questions, I went to pieces and thought we had to do all of them. And we hadn't even studied the text in question one! I'm such an idiot! :(

It sucks, maybe my english teacher will take pity on me when marking the paper..
though i doubt it as I'll be in HAWAII when shes marking it :drool:

:hug: I'm really sorry to hear that. You know what though, try talking to an advisor or counselor about this. I know you feel bad right now, but explain to them your situation, and maybe you can come to some sort of resolution? Maybe you can do something else??? I'm not familiar with k-12 school system...but there's gotta be something that can be done.

Thanks everyone :heart: I really hope theres something I can do, I'll speak with my head of year when we get the marks from these exams. But its so frustrating because I know I can get C's in english and science!

partygirlvox said:
I don't think so... we had a choice of doing 1 of 4 questions, I went to pieces and thought we had to do all of them. And we hadn't even studied the text in question one! I'm such an idiot! :(

Trust me, you won't be the first person to do that! In our History GCSE mocks my friend answered the questions on Russian history even though at that time we'd never done anything on it. Even more bizarrely our history teacher marked her answers anyway and she actually did quite well!!!

But yeah, lots and lots of people panic during exams and start answering all the questions on their set text when it says just answer one or they start to answer the questions on texts they've never even read before. So you're not alone. :hug:

Yes ... that makes me want to hibernate after work instead of doing shit I need to do. Like Christmas shopping. And buying cheese for the cheese platter I need to bring to a party.

It's really dark when I'm walking home from school, starts getting dark around 4pm - thats crazy!!

I go to work LONG before it is light out, and then I have very little time to get my run in in the limited light I have (luckily, we are DEEP in the Eastern time zone). :D

partygirlvox said:
I messed up my literature exam really bad today. You need C's and above in english or science to get into college. And I won't be getting anything above a U in science because I'm in hawaii during my physics exam..
They really should make the questions more easy to understand :sad:

If you're in the UK (which I'm guessing from your location you are :wink:) then colleges can be lenient. People who got less than a C in English in my year just had to retake it :shrug:

Some courses you need lower qualifications for, so maybe just do something less academic.

I'm sure it'll work out...

The u2 concert hasn't prevented me from getting into college, but me messing up my literature exam has.
(I got permission from the school to go, and then they rescheduled all of our exams a few weeks ago for this and next week. My teachers have let me retake all the exams at other times.)

And I've spoken to my english teacher, and she sympaphized with me and is going to write my estimated grade not as what i got in this exam but what she thinks I can get in the actual GCSE's. Thankgod! And thats an A*, so just as long as I do okay in science then I'm good for college!

NO U2 in IO - this whole thing should have been a confessional

zoney! said:
I go to work LONG before it is light out, and then I have very little time to get my run in in the limited light I have (luckily, we are DEEP in the Eastern time zone). :D

I had to run in the dark tonight! :madwife:

partygirlvox said:
The u2 concert hasn't prevented me from getting into college, but me messing up my literature exam has.
(I got permission from the school to go, and then they rescheduled all of our exams a few weeks ago for this and next week. My teachers have let me retake all the exams at other times.)

And I've spoken to my english teacher, and she sympaphized with me and is going to write my estimated grade not as what i got in this exam but what she thinks I can get in the actual GCSE's. Thankgod! And thats an A*, so just as long as I do okay in science then I'm good for college!

GOOD! I'm so happy for you! :hug: I'm glad you spoke with your teacher. Good luck in science :up:

JessicaAnn said:
Yes ... that makes me want to hibernate after work instead of doing shit I need to do. Like Christmas shopping. And buying cheese for the cheese platter I need to bring to a party.

Honey and greek yoghurt are yummy additions to a cheese platter

Back
Top Bottom