IO-I think my dad is losing his hearing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
He's only 58, but more and more my mom and I are having to say things 4 or 5 times to him louder and louder before he hears either one of us. Maybe I'm just paranoid, I don't know. Whatever his deal is, its annoying to repeat something over and over until he hears it :madspit:

My daughter is deaf. Had a progressive hearing loss that basically had her deaf by the age of three. She has a Cochlear Implant and is doing fine. She did okay in the short time she had a hearing aid. Don't worry there are a lot of things in modern medicine that can help.

There have been a number of break-throughs for the hearing impaired and for those "older" who are beginning to lose their hearing...devices so small that they can't be detected. The tough part is convincing an "older" family member that he/she should consider having their hearing tested....

As for Doozer and Mr. BAW, our Dad has been hard of hearing since he was a child; we've grown accustomed to automatically raising our voices so he can hear us. He's 88-years old as we speak and still doing his thing!

When I was a kid, I would invite my friends to our house just to see the amplifier on our telephone...at times, I would lower the volume to "zero" just to piss the old guy off...:lol:

Whenever I would raise it to a "10", it would usually have feedback into my mom's ear...shoulda seen her face!!! :yikes:

Aw, the good times! :)

Last edited:
i am hard of hearing. i have hearing aids but i choose to not wear them. some reasons are because i can never get used to the headaches after a long day of wearing them.

i piss off my family too when they have to repeat things over again to me. but imagine how it feels to not hear and ask to repeat. its not a good feeling either. keep that in mind:)

icelle said:

i piss off my family too when they have to repeat things over again to me. but imagine how it feels to not hear and ask to repeat. its not a good feeling either. keep that in mind:)

my grandmother used to say that too when my aunts got irritated when they had to repeat things to her again and again.

Back
Top Bottom