IO: I need a date

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elfyx

War Child
Yep. I'm sitting here, by my self, drinking guinness, obsessed with U2, and all alone.

I'm about a year out of my last relationship. That one was a corker. But I have taken the appropriate amount of time, reflection, healing, and growth I think, and now the love life needs a good kick in the arse.

I realized this tonight, though it has been playing out subconsciously for a couple of months.

So, does this make me pathetic? God, I hope not. But it probably does anyway, LOL!!!

Where's the singles forum!?

Ugh. Here's to life and love. One shot of happy, and two shots of sad!!! This thread is dedicated to all the Officially single and lonely interferencers out there.

PS - Can you take shots of Guinness!?

My relationships have been disasters this year.

I'm not used to this crap of being single. :sigh:

Bonochick said:
My relationships have been disasters this year.

I'm not used to this crap of being single. :sigh:

:sigh:

Yeah ... this has turned out to be a winner of a week for me in the 'ol love life.

[/sarcasm]

I agree............ being Single isnt easy. I listen to my friends talk about their relationships and how happy they are and wonder when I will be able to talk and smile like that? They say be patient..........but how long.

All of my friends back home are married, engaged, or in serious relationships that will most likely lead to engagement. It's really funny too...because I was the first of my friends to be engaged...but we broke up, and I'm still single, and my friends have all found people. :crazy:

I've been single since I was born...:huh: but hey, it's starting to get hot over here, so, hopefully the Silly Season will take over and I'll get lucky..hopefully:slant: cheers

I'm going on a date tonight and I can tell it will probably be a bit of a disaster. The guy has taken to calling himself Johnny Love and Mr Love even has a different voice when he calls me. :lmao:

I really enjoy being single, I'm not unhappy at all about it. Does that make me weird?
:slant:

I'm sick of being single...I have never been single for longer than two months since I was 15 and NOW (at 24) I've been single for going on a year. WTF. :sad: I don't like it a bit--I'm a very affectionate person and I have no one to share it with.

Sorry for starting such a depressing thread! I tried to put a good spin on it, but it *is* tough being single sometimes!

I agree with most of you; I am also a very affectionate person. I like when life is full, spiling over the brim. And I love intimacy (not necessarily always sex- although a truly fulfilling lovelife is one of life's greatest gifts)

There was this one woman a few years back whom I wanted sooo badly, and for sooo long (like over three years since I had met her I had a serious crush on her). I never stopped showing her attention and affection. But here's the messed up thing: She never denied any of it. She LOVED it. We eventually became really close friends, and she consumed all my affection. When we watched movies together, we would lay on the couch holding each other. She never wanted a relationship- but I was always there to talk to her and comfort her with her fucked up relationships (she would go get into stupid casual relationships and then feel really bad about it).

Arrg! I guess I was just too stupid or whatever. It's funny when someone basically rejects you, but when you withdraw your attention and affection, they miss it and come back- but still keep you at arm's length starting the whole cycle over again, and you just feel like a fool because you think there may be that spark of hope things might work out.

Crazy fool. But I love to share the things in my life that define my soul. And with the U2 tour coming up, it looks increasingly like I will have no one to share it with. :-( :sigh:

Don't get me wrong; I can enjoy being single; I've always been a bit of a "lone wolf" in that there is much about life that keeps me centered on myself. Example; this summer I will spend about six weeks traveling in Nepal, India and Tibet. Much of that time will be meditative and spent in the Himalayas. It's a totally personal journey.

I've always been a bit of a rolling stone as well in that I can be a very restless soul and am always moving around. Right now I'm in NY, but I won't be here for long; I'll be moving back out west for a while, and that won't be my final destination either.

I guess that doesn't help my prospects much now do they? :lol:

someone will come along when you least expect it; it always seems to happen that way.....in the meantime, I am jealous of your trip to India, Tibet and Nepal; I cannot wait to make it to that part of the world!! That will be an incredible experience for you:)

Has anyone from this forum ever met another person from on here and ended up together? That would be cute. Hey, we are all fanatical enough that you'd probably have a few hours of initial conversation taken care of!!

I think its pretty amazing that there have been hookups through interference!

Hmm maybe I should do the unthinkable and post a pic of myself. :sexywink:

Ok.....

Me as a brunette:
ok2dw

Me as a blonde:
ok2f9

:D

Holy Fucking Crap, Stars... and you're single!? You're... wow, umm you're really, really beautiful! Blonde or brunette.

Aww crap what have I gotten myself into. Now I feel quite nervous about putting my picture up. I don't think I have any good or recent digital pics of me. I'm probably not the most photogenic person.

those are really nice pics stars! yeah I'm the same; I don't have a digital camera so online pictures are really limited and I'm too far away; when I come across a decent one I'll put it up...that's assuming I can figure out how also; not really good with computer stuff

Single and lonely in Ohio :sad:

Please PM me if you are a single attractive female living around Ohio. :wink:

Attachments

• capture_00002a.jpg
    capture_00002a.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 27
where in Ohio? I'm originally from the Dayton area, and did my undergrad at Miami....but yeah, I just moved to Georgia a few months ago, ha

Back
Top Bottom