IO: I luvvvv the library

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BluRmGrl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I've always been a reader, but working two jobs has taken a good bit of my leisure time, so for the past year or so I've not been reading nearly as much as I used to.

However, the location of my new day job that I started last month is only a mile from one of our library's branches! :hyper: And since I'm too far from my house to go home for lunch now, I have my lunch break to read. I've gone through 5 books in the last 2 weeks alone & I'll finish up the 6th this week.

I just love rambling among the shelves and shelves of books.... fiction, non-fiction, whatever - doesn't matter to me. It's a good thing I don't work downtown near the main library, 'cause I could wander around in there for days!!! :yes:

Anybody else feeling some Library Love with me?? :up: :D

Love reading, but have completely forgot about the concept of libraries since my student days. I'm buyin the suckers now.

Thanks for the reminder :up: happy reading!!

order it, TD!!

JessicaAnn said:
Where is our resident librarian? :shifty:

i was just thinking the other day how much i loved the library

...before i worked in one :angry:

and before branches carried popular VHS and DVDs :angry:

official library smilie ---> :shh:

my local branch has a very good music section. even better is the fact they transfer material between branches. no need to run all over to pick up your orders.:applaud:

besides who else is going to give you 'The Known World', the new Foo Fighters, Gorillaz, and White Stripes Cds, and the fitfth season of the Sopranos for a month...for free.

I love how I can now hold books online and just go pick it up... they do all the work-- yesh! :up:

Too bad they've already slashed hours in my city. It's a shame really that they can't stay open more than 5 hrs a day.

I just received my MLIS last month.

That's Master of Library and Information Science to you.

And I'm now looking for my first paying job as a librarian.

(when I'm not writing fanfic with a librarian in it)

I love libraries. :heart:

I love this thread. :heart:

Bonochick said:
Librarians were mean to me as a child. :angry:

:rant: Fuckin' sadists.... let's track 'em down & beat them to death with leather-bound copies of Webster's Unabridged!! :angry:

:lol:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i call the toilet the library 'cause it's where i do most of my reading...

i :heart: the library

:hmm: If you did your "business" in the library, would you then consider that the "toilet"? :ohmy: :giggle:

bonosgirl84 said:

very nice. congrats.

any idea which district you'll be looking at? which state? which county?

well, we'll see if you feel the same after you've worked in one for a few years :wink:

I live in the Midwest. But I could move anywhere in the U.S.

You're right. We'll see if I still feel the same about libraries after my first job in one. :wink:

The local library didn't have as good of a selection as books as the one in our twin city, so I begged my parents to allow me to ride my bike into the next town...and they said yes! Oh, how overjoyed I was...it was a milestone in my young life. I threw on my backpack, hopped on my bike, and took off. I was so excited...and then those librarians were mean to me!!!!!! So snooty and uppity It scarred me for life. :angry:

that's awesome, miss velvet!!

your fines are only 10 cents a day! they're a quarter here. whoa, the pay scales are different, too.

the georgia room is beautiful. and one of the pictures has snow! gah, can i come visit you and go to the library?

here's my district

http://www.lvccld.org/

our logo used to be the las vegas skyline, but the new director didn't like it :rolleyes:

i love looking at other districts. i think everyone should post theirs. :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom