IO: I have a complaint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
I was so determined to start seeking out the local Chicago music this weekend. Good idea, right? Three day weekend, plenty of time to go to a few venues. I searched for THREE DAYS trying to decide where I should go and found not one band that I like, or could even possibly like, that is playing this weekend. Did I just pick a bad weekend or is this the state of music in Chicago? :sigh:

(HINT) post this in bang and clatter

I think there are Chicago area music fans that Post in Bang & Clatter (HINT)! :wink:

Thanks zoney! But are they posting about actual local Chicago music. That's what I'm really looking for. I don't really see anything like that in there right now.

You can start the topic!

I would bet you are more likely to have a conversation about Chicago music there than in here in the "less visited/not centered on music" IO.

:up:

Oh but I have, BC. My issue was that over an entire weekend (and a holiday weekend at that!) I couldn't find one band that intrigued me. I thought that was kinda sad! Other people have said that maybe I'm too picky, but I'm not going to pay money to listen to any old thing, ya know?

I'm going to see Great Northern on the 8th, but they're from LA. But they're SO good. :drool:

I'm going to keep trying for actual LOCAL Chicago musicians though. Take that, frustration!

Back
Top Bottom