IO: I hate people who are too rude to either accept or decline invitations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiggytoos

The Fly
Okay, TUESDAY, I left a message for my "friend" that lives over two hours away that I would be in his area today (SATURDAY), to let me know if he was available for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or whatever (he works weird hours). He leaves a message for me later on Tuesday that he will have to check his schedule but he thinks he is free Saturday and "he would love to see me". I hear nothing else back all week, I'm getting ready to leave this a.m., I call and leave him a message (he NEVER actually answers his damn phone) that I am heading out and call me on my cell if he is free for lunch or dinner. That was almost 12 HOURS ago, still NADA, no response, kept other plans on hold, time I could have spent with other friends remained unspent. HOW FREAKIN' HARD IS IT TO PICK UP A PHONE AND SAY "Hey, sorry, can't make it"??? No reason needed, just let somebody know something fer chrissakes!!! This ain't the first time either, is a pattern for this schmuck, everything is at his convenience. Yet, if I don't return his calls, he thinks himself ill-used. Perhaps I'll forget I invited him to the U2 concert in Oct (AWESOME seats btw, better than he or I have EVER had for U2) - that was another thing he thought he could make, but would have "to let me know" I swear, if the self-absorbed prick wasn't a U2 fan I would have kicked his inconsiderate arse to the curb a long time ago!:mad:

shadow-confessional.jpg

:rant: Yeah, what movie was that where Glenn Close said "I will not be ignored!" It wouldn't be that big a deal if stuff like this hadn't happened before. It's been over 24 hrs now, still no call, no message, nothin'. Thing is, in a week or so, he'll call and act like nothing happened and he never got my message. I would love nothing more than to tell him off, but think I'll give him a big dose of his own medicine instead.:madspit: He hates when people are mad at him, always tries to turn things around and act like he is the innocent party, think I'll drive HIM nuts by ignoring him for about the next month or so. :mad:

i may respond to this thread.

i'm not sure though.

i'll let you know.

I hate it when people don't respond too - even though I admit to being a bit guilty of this myself. :reject:

However, in my case, it's either because I'm responding a bit later than the host would like or there's a problem. For example, my friend was a tad mad at me for not responding sooner to her house-warming party. They were having TONS of people over. As such, I didn't call right away figuring that my presense overall wouldn't upset things too much - when making tons of food, one extra person is nothing. In contrast, if it were a dinner invitation with a few people, then I tend to respond ASAP. I realize that careful planning is needed for a small group, and I respect that. However, in this situation, I was also having major car problems that week, which ultimately led to me getting a new car the day of her party! I then went to her party with my new car! So it's all good.

But for your situation, I recommend making alternative plans. Tell your friend, "I"m free for dinner at this time." If he's free, great. If not or if he doesn't call back, then you can just relax. Don't wait around all day for this person - it's just insane. If he's that busy to call you, then he's probably too busy to commit to plans. It's regrettable, but such is life. I find that if someone really wants something, we make it happen. For example, in my story above - I made sure I got my new car the day of my friend's party to make sure I was able to attend! If he can't fit you into his schedule, that says something - let it go.

Back
Top Bottom