IO-I got a new tattoo and it burns!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Russty Cat

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Last night I got my 6th tattoo. The other ones have been sore, but damn this one really burns. And its still really swollen today. I've kept it clean and been putting moisturizer on it like I always do. Stupid thing! :rant:

claddagh.jpg

tatwork010.jpg

tatwork011.jpg

The florishes or swirly bits as my kids call them wrap around from the base of the hands to the front of my leg to incorporate the St. Bridgets cross that was already on the other side of my leg. At least the cross isn't burning like the rest of it. :lol:

:lol: Smurf-sista I love your pink hair. I've had pink hair for about the last 3 years now. I really need to get mine done again now that my hair has grown out some. I shaved off everything but my bangs a few months ago. Hot pink bangs and a balled head are always fun. :giggle:

The burning has stopped today thankfully and its a little less swollen. Its still worth it though. I use to be deathly afraid of needles and never thought I would get tattoos. Its really not as bad as you think its going to be.

Russty Cat said:
Last night I got my 6th tattoo. The other ones have been sore, but damn this one really burns. And its still really swollen today. I've kept it clean and been putting moisturizer on it like I always do. Stupid thing! :rant:

claddagh.jpg

tatwork010.jpg

tatwork011.jpg

The florishes or swirly bits as my kids call them wrap around from the base of the hands to the front of my leg to incorporate the St. Bridgets cross that was already on the other side of my leg. At least the cross isn't burning like the rest of it. :lol:

They look good! I like the little suitcase, you put wings on it! Very nice touch!

Re: Re: IO-I got a new tattoo and it burns!!!

Carek1230 said:

They look good! I like the little suitcase, you put wings on it! Very nice touch!

Carek I swore to myself that I would never tattoo a groups name on me or do anything that someone else could have. Its just a personal thing I have. But when I was designing this tattoo the suitcase just seemed to fit so well. Over the past year I really have changed my whole life and soon we are moving physically on to a new life in another state. The suitcase in a way stood for so much that has happened. And U2 has been a big part of it. I had to add the wings, cuz during some of the darkest times the music has given me hope and allowed me to fly away to good places. I have two other tattoos with wings as well. They are just a wonderful symbol of freedom to me.

Deadman your right that it is more of an annoying kind of pain. Its better today and definetly worth it. The person I did the tattoo for thinks its beautiful and was really surprised and honored, so it was totally worth it. :heart:

^That's a great tattoo story, and I wish you the best of luck in your "new life". I've been there too so I completely understand. My 2 tattoos have such meaning to me personally as well as the dates that I got each of the inkings and am planning on it again. Good Luck to you and thanks again for sharing! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom