IO# I fish-taled my car today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol:

I've done that too...there is one famous incident that happened 6 years ago that my kid's friends call "Mrs. Estrada's brake dance" :eek:

After it happened, they were all warned that I would run them over if they told their parents about it :reject:

:lmao: thats hillarious Char!!!

it scared the crap out of me bc it's been raining here for over a week and I thought I wasnt going to get control of my car before I went into the ditch but luckily I did get control and drove really really slow the rest of the way home.

Bono's American Wife said:
:lol:

I've done that too...there is one famous incident that happened 6 years ago that my kid's friends call "Mrs. Estrada's brake dance" :eek:

After it happened, they were all warned that I would run them over if they told their parents about it :reject:

You forgot to tell Kelly how you did a 360 1/2 degree spin on the south SR-57 to the east 91....!!! oh, how soon we forget! slick, banked transition between the two freeways and Mrs. B slides it onto the rock-guarded shoulder...fortunately, she doesn't bottom out and then, without stopping to check for damage, continues on her trip to Temecula!!! Go speed racer, go speed racer! :hyper:

U2girl said:
:confused:

Fish-tail?

It's basically when you're driving fast and/or in the rain and your cars back end loses control and spins to one side and the other.

We call that skidding here I think :der: anything that involves your car lsoing control is skidding here :laugh:

:yikes: awh :hug:

One time my friend was going at 90mph down a narrow NARROW country road me *clinging on for dear life* :yikes: :crazy: :uhoh: :barf:

As soon as he stopped i leapt out of the car and his mum brought me home

Neevr got into a car with him again

thank you zoney I gathered that it is when you are driving too fast when its raining and the back end of your car loses control and moves from one side to the other

We would call that skidding as I said anything that involves car going out of control we call skidding.

:|

people (guys mostly) do fish-tails purposely in the winter time (snow)...and when they do it, the said they did "whipped a shitty." :shrug:

eek! :yikes:

i don't think i've ever fishtailed (as i'm all paranoid and drive ultra slow in the rain), but i have hydroplaned. my car does it so easily. i'll be at a red light, and it turns green. i slowly apply the gas, and it's as if i floored it or something. so embarrassing! and even more scary because you really have no control of your car then as the tires aren't really on the road so i could easily hit someone.

ooh but i did see someone fishtail in the snow, although on the road it was really just ice. but anyway the road was solid ice, thick enough to skate on probably. we have like a T shaped road, i'm at one end of the - and this other guy is at the other, we each have stop signs. i technically got up to it first but i was being ultra careful so i wanted to make sure he was stopping completely as people on that side have a tendency to not stop or make a california stop.

anyway, he decides to be mister slick and goes for it, and fucking fishtails. the | part of the road (he'd made a left turn) is wide enough for like four cars to give you an idea but it's just a two-lane residential road, it's wide because people here park on the streets. anyway enough rambling, so he's fishtailing and he does a complete 360 and ends up in the middle of the road, in the middle of the intersection (thank god no one else was coming and i had enough sense to just sit there and watch the show) and he just sat there, looking utterly embarrassed. that's what he gets for jumping the gun! driving in the rain is one thing, because it can be dangerous but as long as you drive safely you'll be fine. but driving in the ice? you can be going 15 and still skid and hit something.

but anyway i'm glad you and your car are safe kelly. :D

Shit guys! Its scary shit. I've only done it once and it was in dry weather on a huge arsed roundabout. My car has a habit of spinning the back wheels even at slow speed in low gear. Actually it hasnt happened for a while, so new tyres prolly help a lot :wink:

zoney! said:
people (guys mostly) do fish-tails purposely in the winter time (snow)...and when they do it, the said they did "whipped a shitty." :shrug:

my father is notorious for doing that when we had the old Vbug :laugh:

thanks Khan :hug:

zoney! said:

Although this unavoidably happens to me every day, I abstain from calling it whipping a shitty.

But it takes a lot of restraint.

cujo
driver, winner

i believe the technical term for it is "hydroplane" :wink:

i hydroplaned once a couple years ago. it had been raining, i turned out of the parking lot where i used to work onto the main road, and the car almost did a 180 turn. luckily there were hardly any cars around at the time, but i was still a bit shaken up too.

not in the snow though...you don't hydroplane in the snow. I am pretty sure.

Oh dammit it abel.....you make me doubt myself.
:D

Back
Top Bottom