IO: I finally own an MP3 player

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
My baby:

ypk3_samsung.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NVSPZI...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=288448601&pf_rd_i=507846

I just ordered a green one. :rockon: Now I'm finally "hip", "groovy", and "with it". Though I'm sure what "it" is will change shortly. :uhoh:

That looks pretty cool. Will it be able to contain all of the joyful indietastic tunes you possess? :wink:

LemonMacPhisto said:
That looks pretty cool. Will it be able to contain all of the joyful indietastic tunes you possess? :wink:

I sure hope so. It's only 2 GB's, so I need to stop being such an audiophile; it's 128 kbps from now on for me. :yawn:

elevated_u2_fan said:
nice...

I keep meaning to upgrade from my piece of crap...

Let me know how this one works out.

What current "piece of crap" do you own? iPod?

I have nothing against iPods BTW, but I've just read so much negative press concerning them, plus they're so overpriced that I just can't bring myself to pick one up, and I can't understand why anyone else would when there are better alternatives.

LemonMelon said:

I sure hope so. It's only 2 GB's, so I need to stop being such an audiophile; it's 128 kbps from now on for me. :yawn:

You could always rotate stuff in and out. You'll be able to hold around 200-250 songs, which is pretty good.

LemonMacPhisto said:

You could always rotate stuff in and out. You'll be able to hold around 200-250 songs, which is pretty good.

At least the price is right. The deal I got was $120 for the player, plus 6 months of free Rhapsody (Which I already pay for each month, so I'll just unsubscribe, use the 6 months, and get back on. Sweet deal).

LemonMelon said:

What current "piece of crap" do you own? iPod?

I have nothing against iPods BTW, but I've just read so much negative press concerning them, plus they're so overpriced that I just can't bring myself to pick one up, and I can't understand why anyone else would when there are better alternatives.

Oh heeell no! You think I'm made of money??

I have some off-brand 256 mb (yes... that's right... 256 fucking megabytes :reject: ) made by Koss :down:

Actually it works pretty well but for the size constraints alone it's time for a new one...

LemonMelon said:

At least the price is right. The deal I got was $120 for the player, plus 6 months of free Rhapsody (Which I already pay for each month, so I'll just unsubscribe, use the 6 months, and get back on. Sweet deal).

That is a good deal. :up:

About iPods, they do have their faults, but after having owned one for close to 4 years, I have to say they are close to the coolest inventions ever (along with the toilet, home computer, and Jaleel White, but that's a different story.)

And with the video iPods, being able to go, "fuck you Coolio, I'm going to watch 'American Beauty' right now" is pretty rewarding.

My friends with other MP3 players are the ones who have the problems with their devices.

Oh, no, I have an iPod, it's all good. I just mean that you are way too groovy for me now, with all that hip slang you're tossing around. I can't compete with that. Pretty soon you're gonna have all of these radical new friends, and you will totally forget about the times we had together that were so deck.

Bonochick said:
Oh, no, I have an iPod, it's all good. I just mean that you are way too groovy for me now, with all that hip slang you're tossing around. I can't compete with that. Pretty soon you're gonna have all of these radical new friends, and you will totally forget about the times we had together that were so deck.

:hug: Don't worry, I got those words out of a slang dictionary, and I still have no idea what they mean. :shrug:

Bonochick said:

This sounds like the plot of every '80s teen movie.

elevated_u2_fan said:
nice...

I keep meaning to upgrade from my piece of crap...

Let me know how this one works out.

Just got it today. It's lovely, sounds great, and has a decent amount of capacity. It'll work great for road trips and to keep me from having to take out albums that I'll only listen to one or two songs from. :yes: Plus, it's really easy to use. The only con is that the buttons on the front are difficult to use mostly due to their size.

To put it simply: check this one out. :up:

Back
Top Bottom