IO: i even look like a homosexual

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
joyfulgirl said:

Did you catch the gratuitous male nuditiy this week? A close up. A close up with a ribbon.

strangely, though i didn't watch the episode, fate had me walk by the TV at that exact moment. quickly, i called out to my roommate and his friend who were having dinner in the garden, and they ran in to watch.

:ohmy:

was it ever impressive. and rightly wrapped up like the gift it was.

will catch up on the actual episode sometime this week.

Irvine511 said:

"525,600 minutes...
525,000 moments so dear...
525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

in daylights?
in sunsets?
in midnights, in cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuups of coffee.

in inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife.

in 525,600 minutes
how do you measure a year in the life?"

BRAVO!

Seen it five or six times myself.

I need to see it again!

Prior to seeing RENT, I was a bit turned off by the whole Broadway thing (I had seen a whole slew of standards). My views (and current love of musicals) turned the corner when Angel came out to do "Today for you...."

:up:

Doozer61 said:
i have cable :D

"the L word" is so glossy, so delicious, so well lit, that it makes *me* want to be a lesbian and live in Los Angeles.

(this from a die-hard Boston-NYC-Philly-DC East Coast gay man)

Irvine511 said:

i wore the converse on the three PBR minimum night as well (though that was more like a seven PBR minimum).

the Deisel's are mostly black, with grey accents (for lack of a better word).

i am also very excited that there's a new Puma store that just opened up in DC! :)

i dunno about protesting in the Deisel hybrids ... they ain't cheap, and as much as i love them, i don't want some anarchist running over them or someone spilling patchouli or tea tree oil from their dreds. i keep them for when i'm at a stoli-on-the-rocks-with-lime kind of place (as opposed to a PBR kind of place).

did i mention my butch alcohol choices?

i've *never* had a cosmo. not even once.

All I care about is if "PBR" means Pabst Blue Ribbon. If so, how on earth did that piss-water become a "hot" drink in the younger, metrosexual, bisexual, heterosexual, homosexual community??!?!?! :ohmy:

Back in my day (you young whippersnappers), PBR was laughed upon. It was the cheapest crappiest beer one could have - the beer high school kids would secure if they wanted to think they were cool... the beer college kids would buy - for dirt cheap prices - to get a quick buzz. But for a hip beer in a happening place? PBR wasn't even on the menu.

And now supposedly one drinks this beer with black converse shoes! Dear lord - has the older generation taught you nothing?!? :tsk:

doctorwho said:

All I care about is if "PBR" means Pabst Blue Ribbon. If so, how on earth did that piss-water become a "hot" drink in the younger, metrosexual, bisexual, heterosexual, homosexual community??!?!?! :ohmy:

Back in my day (you young whippersnappers), PBR was laughed upon. It was the cheapest crappiest beer one could have - the beer high school kids would secure if they wanted to think they were cool... the beer college kids would buy - for dirt cheap prices - to get a quick buzz. But for a hip beer in a happening place? PBR wasn't even on the menu.

And now supposedly one drinks this beer with black converse shoes! Dear lord - has the older generation taught you nothing?!? :tsk:

we drink ironically.

also, i grew up across the street from a Pabst.

seriously.

JessicaAnn said:

Milwaukee?

no, connecticut.

from milwaukee, though, i think.

her, not me.

Pabst%20logo.gif

Irvine511 said:

we drink ironically.

also, i grew up across the street from a Pabst.

seriously.

I'll save the irony for politics (for example, the irony of having an anti-abortion conservative president in his second term, while abortion rates have dramatically increased under his presidency... the irony of having a war with a country that neither attacked us or anyone else when we decided to attach them... I could go on, but then this would be another forum. :sexywink: ).

I prefer to drink good beer over irony - any day. Mmm.... non-ironic beer... :drool:

As for your "gay" appearance... even you have to admit that certain clothing or hairstyles does lead to stereotypes. A woman with short or buzzed hair or who wears flannel shirts is often considered a lesbian - even though often this isn't true at all. A man in tight or colorful T-shirts (such as hot red ;) ), may be considered gay, even though we've all seen plenty of guys in red shirts. Tightly tucked in shirts or very unfashionable clothing make people think geeky computer or science nerd - but again, not true. In fact, I am a scientist and not once have I ever seen a fellow scientist dress the stereotypical way shown on TV or in movies.

So alas, your gay colorful shirt, your "fabulous" hair style and your "bag", plus your presence in a known gay area all led to a conclusion based on appearance. While in your case it was true, it also proves why we shouldn't judge on appearance alone.

Now, back to this beer problem you have... :drunk:

Last edited:
Irvine511 said:
"the L word" is so glossy, so delicious, so well lit, that it makes *me* want to be a lesbian and live in Los Angeles.

Interestingly, gay television usually depresses me too much to want to watch it.

Melon

doctorwho said:
So alas, your gay colorful shirt, your "fabulous" hair style and your "bag", plus your presence in a known gay area all led to a conclusion based on appearance. While in your case it was true, it also proves why we shouldn't judge on appearance alone.

Now, back to this beer problem you have... :drunk:

actually, i'm a huge beer snob. i've lived in Belgium, the home to snobby beers. but when it's about drinking lots of beer, cheaply, then PBR will do nicely.

my thread was not about being stereotyped, since as i described, i fit perfectly well with the stereotypes about gay clothing; it was more about my surprise at how almost unthinkingly i've adopted and assimilated said clothing stereotypes since coming out 3 years ago.

I went to a Belgian pub and drank Belgian beer last night. Did you know that mussels in a cream sauce is the national dish of Belgium? I just learned that.

Delirium Nocturnum :drool:

Calluna said:
I went to a Belgian pub and drank Belgian beer last night. Did you know that mussels in a cream sauce is the national dish of Belgium? I just learned that.

Delirium Nocturnum :drool:

belgian food and drink is amazing.

bonne-humeur-moules.jpg

for beer, i was always partial to

Duvel_glasfles.gif

sadly, the thing i didn't like about belgium was the weather

BrusselsGrandPlaceWet2.jpg

Apropos of nothing, Belgium is the only country in the world with a law on the books against throwing live cats from church towers. Something having to do with some bizarre medieval festival where they did just that. :scratch: I dimly remember this from doing a report on Belgium in high school French class.

Can't eat moules, but I do love frites. Not with the mayo, though...ugh. In France, you can get them fried in horse fat which is actually pretty good--I tried it once (that I know of). I'm honestly not sure if that was kosher or not...:hmm:

yolland, i thought it was really gross at first, but now i totally dig the frites with mayo. i don't remember precisely when it happened, but one day i just started dipping the fries in the mayo and i only stopped because eating like that will kill you dead. i prefer curry ketchup, but mayo does me good after a long night at a bar -- there's an awesome falafel shop in adams-morgan (cool neighborhood in DC ... the only place where DC begins to approximate NYC) and there's a great falafel shop there that reminds me so much of the ones in europe, and they even have mayo dispensers for the fries that you can get in a cone!!!!

foodofgods.jpg

:drool:

Angela Harlem said:
you cannot go past sour cream and sweet (sweeet) chilli sauce on chips.

:drool:
:drool: :heart:

This is the Australian version, I guess. Fat chips that actually taste like real potato with sour cream and sweet chili sauce for dipping. The combination of the mellow creamy sour cream and the sweet but pungent chili sauce is most excellent.

Irvine, that is exactly what I had. Mussels and frites. They had several house-made sauces. I went with the garlic aoli but there was also a chipotle aoli and a tartare sauce available. It was delicious. I love food.

Back
Top Bottom