IO homebase

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hiphop

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I will be officially back in Costa Rica tomorrow and in three days back on the flight to boring old Europe. I would like to stay but the city calls me home more hassles and lies. well I know no one can take holidays forever. but its just makin me a little sad.. after so many experiences. yeah, and I have changed.

i heard U2 on one of the most beautiful beaches on planet earth. you really should see that place. all i will say.. its in Nicaragua, on the Pacific coast. near to the border of Costa Rica. north of a little fishertown. and they played Kite there... one of my alltime high songs.

in summer i can taste the salt in the sea.........

just 4. the U.S. *California, Hawaii, and New Orleans,

then Jamaica, then Costa Rica and Nicaragua.

What about you and Karl, where are you going next_

ehm anyway, tomorrow i will still see a volcano, a butterfly farm, and make a ride on Sarapiqui river thru the jungle. so its a pretty touristy day. one of those tours. hm.

i do not want to go back. nonononononononononononononononononononononononononononononono.

why on earth.

and what the hell am i gonna do in miami for 7 hours.. tell some jokes to the immigration guys.

haha...I thought you were going to say you got laid..,like you made it to homebase.

but this makes more sense

Me, getting laid?

Ladies, you must be fantasizing. I have been a good boy and anyway, sorry to say so, at the moment I am just sick of the ordinary boy girl games. I have even stopped to look for the girl with the pure heart I was longing for. If somethings gonna happen ok, but I am pretty content to stay without a headache at the moment, thanks.

To BLS...

your plans about Vegas and Hawaii sound good, if thats what you and Karl really want.

I have been at both places about 2 months ago, and what can I say, if you want to have some fun and luxury, Vegas is ok, but it does not have anything to offer except of shrill lights and sounds and chaos and babylonian entertainment (but like I said, if youre after that, its the ultimate place).

If you are looking for some soul, its the wrong place. If I may suggest (and I dont know if I may, so I just suggest), when you go to Vegas, try to see the Canyons too. Thats totally fascinating nature there. When I saw the Canyon, I nearly started to cry, it was so overwhelming. A soul experience, Mother Earth, I was very impressed. I will definitely return sometime and do a hike there.

As to Hawaii.. if you go there try Maui and tell me how it was later on, because I havent been there, and some people told me its great, so I dont know about that. Honolulu, though, is totally boring, ok beaches but thats it, and if you are interested, I can tell you 5 better, more original, more beautiful beaches that I have seen on my trip. Honolulu is crowded, it was full of Japanese.. which is fine, but I prefer empty beaches. But like always, its up to you and Karl to decide what you are looking for.

Anyway, Hawaii is good for comfort, so if you are out to relax and dont mind being surrounded by lots of people, its good. Not everyone is looking for the Robinson experience like me, so Hawaii may be just the right place. It kind of disappointed me though.

One of the most beautiful beaches I have seen on this trip is Punta Uva, on the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica, 5 miles south of Puerto Viejo de Limon... 2 miles of fine white sand, just for me. All Puerto Viejo region boasts some nice beaches, including a black one, Playa Negra, some small ones on the sides,.. in Punta Uva, I felt like the first person on planet earth. But I also have to say there is no luxury resort there yet, so accomodation is cheap (as cheap as 10 bucks per night, if you want that) but maybe uncomfortable if you are not used to backpacking. Enough butterfly farms and jungle life all along the way in Costa Rica, thats for sure. The tragedy is, they are planning a resort in Punta Uva, one of those ugly stone prisons where people are supposed to ... yes, to what... so that beach may soon be filled with people who have nothing better to do then getting drunk.

Ah jah, and if you ever want to see some Europe, like go to the opera or to a ball in Vienna, let me know! You are very welcome. Plus, for some romance, Venice (the real one, not the ridiculous Vegas imitation) is just a daytrip away.

Jessica Ann, no, you are not a terrible person.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom