IO: Hell.jpg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
hell.jpg

Who's in agreement?

Melon

011518-lg.jpg

http://www.mountwashington.org/

06:25 PM Thu Jan 15, 2004 EST
WINDCHILL!!!
It is difficult to convey just how cold it is outside. Further still, it is in fact hard to fully appreciate the cold with layers of synthetics, down, and wool protecting every square inch of our bodies. There is a simple solution to these problems: Take your gear off and run outside! (we are trained professionals, do not try this at home!) Pete, our summit manager, promptly informed us that this was not in compliance with our ?no skin exposed? policy, but then left the room to check on the furnaces. Upon our return to the building, shivering uncontrollably, we were still baffled as how to explain the severity of the cold. Jason came to the rescue stating, ?It is 100F warmer in here than it was out side!? Tim then went one step further by factoring in winds that were gusting to 92MPH. The combination of the air temp of ?39F and the wind brought the wind chill to a remarkable ?97F. That gave us a grand total difference of indoor and outdoor ?effective? temperatures of 170F!

Today marked the 3rd consecutive day of record breaking cold temperatures, and tonight could well be the main event. There is the possibility, based on some of the model data, that temperatures will fall below our all time low temperature of ?47F. This would not only break our record but also the official State of New Hampshire record. All eyes are on the thermometers!

Neil Lareau - Summit Intern

Melon

Holy shit melon. Right now we're at 14 with a -1 windchill.

At least the snow storm seems to have ceased--shoveling is so neato!

:angry:

Last edited:
all i can say is i'm glad we went to connecticut for christmas, when it was unseasonably warm, and not now! :no:

i feel for anyone who's in the new england area right now. oy. they were saying with it being this cold, you can get frostbite in mere minutes. so uhh...yeah. i hope everyone is staying indoors and hopefully not even having to go to work!

You're right, I seriously have no conception of what that kind of cold feels like. I thought it was cold here in Seattle a couple weeks ago when it was in the twenties. I hope you're keeping warm, melon.

Holy crap. I mean, can you even go outside?? :yikes:

Yeah coming from California, 30 degrees ABOVE 0 is freaking freezing to me :|

Mr. BAW said:
Martha, join me for a tee-time in our 75 degree weather?????

:lol:

*slap*

:sexywink:

Do you Callie kids even know what it feels like to have the inside of your nose freeze up after you take a breath? That's always a fun one :laugh:

~LadyLemon~ said:

*slap*

:sexywink:

Do you Callie kids even know what it feels like to have the inside of your nose freeze up after you take a breath? That's always a fun one :laugh:

You have my permission to smack his ass but good! :laugh:

I want a job where I get all excited and jump up and down when the temperature on a thermometer reaches a certain point.

you could try to become a politician
they get all excited over stuff they can hardly influence

I cannot imagine what weather like that feels like. My two sisters in the Big Apple are freezing their asses off. Ugh. Being from the Sunbelt I think 30 *above* zero is cold as hell.

How do the heating systems in houses keep up with that kind of temperature? My electric heaters were having trouble keeping the house warm when the temperatures were in the twenties here. Surely not everyone back east has a fireplace. How do you do it?

Calluna said:
How do the heating systems in houses keep up with that kind of temperature? My electric heaters were having trouble keeping the house warm when the temperatures were in the twenties here. Surely not everyone back east has a fireplace. How do you do it?
i can't answer firsthand, but on the news they mentioned peoples' furnaces are basically running 24/7. although, i don't know how warm new england homes can get though, given how cold it is outside. i mean sure, you can keep your furnace running all day and keep the fireplace going whenever you're home, but given how cold it is outside, i can imagine it's not a toasty 70 or 80 degrees inside.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom