io groceryconform

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
everyone travels right to left in the grocery store.

everyone.

its like ikea. with those arrows on the floor. if you walk 'backwards' people scowl at you. its unpleasant.

not if you go into the left door. which not as many people will do, because apparently right handed people are more inclined to pick the line on the right, the door on the right. if two elevators open at once, they go to the one on the right. since most people are or have been forced to be left handed, this is the case.

i don't know about arrows on ikea floors cos i've never seen an ikea store floor.

i just go in, to the right side of the store, do the zig zag thing, you know, go up one aisle, then go down the other aisle, til i reach the left side of the store...lol

I start from the right cos then the last thing I get is the frozen foods

Sicy said:
Isnt it weird how the produce is the right? :shifty:

why is that weird? :eyebrow:

ok...I go in, I go to the left, work my way from the right of the store to the left of the store, then when i get to the far left hand side, i go to the back of the store, then go alllll the way over to what would be the right hand side on my way in, but i come up the back of the produce section thus ending up back where I started, but I get my produce last. Basically making one big circle. :shrug:

I guess you'd have to see the layout of the store for that to make sense :der:

i ikeaized. and failed.

slant map of grocery store.
________:slant:________________:slant:________
___________^____________________^____
__:slant:________:slant:________:slant:________:slant:__
_________________^_____________^_____
__:slant:_____________:slant:__________:slant:_____
__exit__________________________^_____

this is the most complex slant map ever.

Last edited:
Most stores are just set-up that way for some reason. Our Super Target Grocery is on the left side of the store and goes from front to back. It's kinda confusing. :huh:

The put produce at the front of the store so that the nice fruit aromas will make you happy while you shop. I saw a thing on the View once about the psychology of grocery stores.

And Yes you are supposed to go certain ways down the aisles, because otherwise, you get in everyone else's way :mad:

:hmm: The door is on the left. The trolleys are on the left. Produce is on the left, which is the best place to start. Then so on until the right where frozens are.
Did you know, essentials like milk, bread, coke, chocolate etc is strategically placed far away from the doors to encourage impulse buying? The things most people just run to the store for are usually furthest away.

from a wireless haven a slant map emerges

kobayashi said:
slant map of grocery store.
________:slant:________________:slant:________
___________^____________________^____
__:slant:________:slant:________:slant:________:slant:__
_________________^_____________^_____
__:slant:_____________:slant:__________:slant:_____
__exit__________________________^_____

this is the most complex slant map ever.

:heart:

there is no alcohol in our grocery stores!!

I find that funny!

um, i go to the cereal aisle, then to the milk...occasionally to the biscuits & chocolate aisle, then exit. :slant:

Back
Top Bottom