io grade school gym class

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
remember dodge ball?

what a fantastic sport.

i was so proud for being one of the most sought after dodge ballers at maplewood elementary.

the more regal grade school dialects referred to this sport as 'king's court'.

Last edited:
kobayashi said:
remember dodge ball?

what a fantastic sport.

i was so proud for being one of the most sought after dodge ballers at maplewood elementary.

YA! dodge ball! and while we're on memory lane. How about Kick ball!

:no: I hated gym class...I sucked...no one would ever pick me when it came time to choose teams :reject:

:|

*BOOMCHAA!* said:
dodgeball hurt:crack:

yes it did :|

I remember one time, we were playing dodgeball...this one guy had the ball, and was chasing me with it and was going to get me...there was no way out of it...I knew he'd get me anyway but I kept running till he finall threw it at me and got me...Everyone was laughing watching him chase me with the ball :der:

I always made sure I got out first....I hated sports (except for running). I prefered to just sit back and watch everyone else run around and sweat. Everyone just thought I was really uncoordinated and clumsy....so I always got picked last for things and ended up warming the bench...so I usually just ended up chilling out in the shade for half an hour while everyone else was running around in the hot sun getting all yucky and sweaty.

kobayashi said:
remember dodge ball?

what a fantastic sport.

the more regal grade school dialects referred to this sport as 'king's court'.

I called it King's Court :wink:

..I sucked at throwing that ball, but damn, I could run and doge like it was nobody's business...I think I was very proud of the fact that I was always the last girl left..and sometimes the last person left...because I could run fast and jump over the ball...

must have been all those years of ballet...

i hated when we had to play dodgeball with the kickballs, cos those hurt and my hands were never big enough to throw them properly

man I loved gym class. Any sport out there I loved to play. I used to be great at dodgeball, kickball, and everything else. I even made a few wall of fames at my schools :eek:

i hated gym class, as a general rule you were supposed to ahte gym class

in seventh grade we had this ex-army, vietnam vet guy for a gym teacher, and i think he left any sense he may have had over in vietnam...in mid january he'd make us go outside and do sprints in the parking lot because there was snow on the track. this class was also at quarter to 8 in the morning.

I also was the loser of gym class. I never liked competition.

until high school. I was the best second basewoman ever in softball.:D

there are kickball leagues in DC as well.....Dodge ball was awesome though...I might start one of those leagues here come to think of it.....

When I was a bad a$$ 4th grader we played all kinds of dodge ball....against brick walls, running around the blacktop.

I love in Billy Madison the scene where Adam Sandler is killing everyone at DB

U2SavesTheWorld said:
Did you guys ever play Bombardaman? Obviously, this is NOT how you spell it but it was something like that....

God, I loved that game.

:sad:

bombardment! where you have to hit the basketball hoop backboard to get people back in from being out, and if you score a basket you bring everyone back in, right? that's what we played when it was called bombardment.

doctor dodgeball--one person from each team wears a pinney (sp?) to i.d. them as the doctor, when you get hit, you sit down, and the doctor has to come and tag you. once the doctor gets hit, your team is screwed.

crackabout--every man for himself. my favourite :up:

I detested PE at school. It was beyond me why anyone could enjoy it. A lot of my dislike came from the dickwad teacher I had from yr7 til 10 though. We had a mutual hate of each other and it suited me fine. Mr Jones clearly had no penis.
:|

Back
Top Bottom