IO First Concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
Took my 9-year old son to his first concert. It was "Glory Night" at Wild River (a local water park). He wanted to see The Simon Girl, as the lead singer also leads worship for kids at our church.

He wasn't ready for the volume level.

He had a blast!

I was in high school before I went to my first concert :reject:

i was in HS for my first concert too...my parents took my brother and i...it was to see Van Halen :up: :laugh:

I was in high school when I went to my first concert, too. It was at a local park. There were about six bands, and I don't remember the names of any of them. :reject:

I was in elementary school for my first concert: New Kids on the Block.

My parents took me to cooler concerts when I was in high school though...U2 and The Rolling Stones (twice). :drool:

Haha...I think I must've been far more pathetic. I was 17 when I saw my first one, and it was PopMart. But a good one to start with, that's for sure!

Melon

My first concert was also the New Kids...

November 19, 1989 at the Cleveland Collesium...I don't know why, but I've always remembered the date to that show :|

no way!
that is truely awesome

you are part of a dying breed, like world war 1 veterens

God you people are daggy! I hope you're all embarrassed.
:tsk:
Mine was INXS in 89 or something. After the first song, Michael stopped to talk and looks out to the crowd and says "How the fuck are you all tonight?" I turned to my sister and said "Did you hear that? He said a bad word!" Then I worried that at any moment my parents who were waiting outside, would march in and take us home in disgust.

I dont suppose your son had the same worries I did nbc :wink:

the first I concert I saw was Fleetwood Mac
alas without Lindsey Buckingham

the emberassing part would be that the opening act was Chris de Burg

New Kids on the Block as well in elementary school.

My second concert was pretty kewl tho....Paul McCartney back in 92. My parents took me to see that. It was funny watching my mom scream like a teenager lol

Bonochick said:
I was in elementary school for my first concert: New Kids on the Block.
B]

:reject:

Ummmm ... this was my first concert too. Eigth grade ... my mom and aunt took my sister and I to see them.

The first concert I can vividly remember (as in being from a known artist) was Dire Straits in 1992 (Rotterdam Stadium). Our seats were at the other end of the stadium (one of the top-most rows), so we had a time lag between what we saw and what we heard. Still, it was impressive as a first concert.

The next one would be U2 in the same stadium on 9 May 1993. Then, I was on the field right in front of the B-stage. :hyper:

C ya!

Marty

My parents took me to an Elvis concert when I was 6 and again when I was 12 a few months before he died. I don't remember much of the first one other than it being loud and dark. The second one we were on the floor about the 3rd row from the stage!!! :ohmy: :crack: :crazy: I still only remember bits and pieces of it, mostly how people were reacting when he would come near them. It scared me.... but now I totally know where those women were coming from. :wink:

My third concert (my choice) at age 15 or 16 was KISS. I wasn't scared but the rest of my family looked like this --> :crazy:

Mine was They Might Be Giants in 1995 when I was 14. My friend's mom had to drive us three hours to get there. :down:living in nowhere, America:down:

I didn't have my camera with me :sigh:

but this is what they were wearing:

tt_mags162.jpg

Back
Top Bottom