IO First Concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was a late bloomer...my actual first concert was the
July 4th, 1976 Bicentennial Bash at Angel Stadium...

Santana, Chicago, America and the Beach Boys....:hyper:

I was actin' like a little kid at a candy store!!!

I'm an idiot...this posts been around a while; I posted in it back in December....sorry :reject:

Last edited:
The Allman Brothers in 1980 I think...opening act was the Blues Brothers :reject:

I was only 12 or 13 so all I remember is a lot of hair, women in tube tops, pot smoke and never ending songs. Oh, and Cher standing to the side of the stage with Chastity.

That is a truely frightening picture bammo :yikes:

The first concert that I went to where i was not dragged by a friend or was free was Davie Bowie in Anaheim about a month ago. Before that I saw Unwritten Law because they were playing for free at my friend's college, I'm not a fan of theirs but the show was alright.

Basstrap said:
no way!
that is truely awesome

you are part of a dying breed, like world war 1 veterens

Yes......way! LOL!
And surprisingly, Jim was sober and in great voice.
Did the bumming a cig from the audience routine.
Jumped off stage a few times, so the girls in front row
would scream.

bammo2 said:
I didn't have my camera with me :sigh:

but this is what they were wearing:

tt_mags162.jpg

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMMMMMMMMG! lmao!!!!

:lmao: :lmao:

Oh yeah sooooooooooooo hot :combust: lmfao

U2 was my first concert, in April 2001, last show in Anaheim. Did get to see Bono from about 10 feet away, he thanked this small group of fans waiting around, for coming to the show, and left to be with his (then) pregnant wife Ali. awww.

my first concert was to see a band called Steps in something like 1998 :eek: :shifty:

:lol: Lu, I loved Take That,do you remember the symbol they used to have and everyone used to draw it over their schoolbooks??

RockNRollDawgie said:
The Doors ( with Jim Morrison). That sort of gives my age away now. LOL!

:faint: :combust: I saw the "21st Century Doors" last year and got on stage to dance - but that doesn't count.

My first concert was Tori Amos at the Carefree Theatre in West Palm Beach in 1992. E from the Eels opened for her. :heart:

Last edited:
RockNRollDawgie said:
HelloAngel said:

:faint: :combust: I saw the "21st Century Doors" last year and got on stage to dance - but that doesn't count.

QUOTE]

Was that the tour that John Densmore couldn't do, beacuse
of illness or something?

Probably. I believe only Ray and Robbie played at the show I went to.

Back
Top Bottom