IO# Does my kitty have a cold?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Do kitties get colds? He's been kind of doing little cough/sneezes today. He's a little extra lovey-dovey because he missed his dog and me this weekend. He finally got his furry behind out of my way so I can see the screen, but that furry butt is still resting on the corner of the keyboard as I write this.

Yes, kitties can get upper respiratory infections, bacterial or viral. Does he go in and out or is he indoor only? Some cats are prone to asthma as well and he may be sensitive to chemicals or dust if you were cleaning. How does he seem otherwise - drinking/eating/litterbox etc?

Saki & Zoey both had colds when I brought them home after being in the shelter. Sneezing was their only symptom so I guess it was mild enough that they ended up going away on their own. The vet had said if they also have runny eyes or nose and trouble breathing/not eating etc that they need antibiotics.

Color back? LOL that was cute heh

Pita has been acting overly friendly lately as well. In fact it's driving me crazy! lol Sometimes I jsut want her to sit on the chair and sleep like normal. But nooooo now she needs to know where I am at all times... so that she can try to trip and kill me. argh

He's much better this morning. I think maybe he had some dust or cobwebs up his nose. He's an indoor/outdoor cat, so Lord knows what he gets into.

:| He wanted lots of love last night, so there was much licking and purring and hand holding. I swear, having a cat is like having an extra husband.

Glad he's feeling better! Sasha was an outside cat and she was sneezing like crazy one day! We found out she had one of those sticky things from outside (no idea what they're called .. some kind of plant) up her nose :|

:hmm: You know those dead like wheat things that get stuck on your socks... ? :huh: Gah.

Sicy said:
We found out she had one of those sticky things from outside (no idea what they're called .. some kind of plant) up her nose :|
oooh i know what you mean! they're green and kinda circlish shaped. i used to get them on my socks all the time back in florida. whatever plant it is it's not here in memphis.

to answer martha though, my third cat sunnie had a respiratory infection pretty soon after we got her. plus, my tabitha has allergies, so i'm used to kitties sneezing! i think i recall them giving us some stuff to squirt on her nose, kinda like a nasal spray type thing! :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom