IO: dental braces and canker sores

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

easytiger

New Yorker
I got braces on my lower teeth and a canker sore on the inside of my lower lip... in addition to the terrible pain, I can't eat, can't even chew :(

dental braces :down:
canker sores :down: :madspit:

:sigh:

I have no idea what a canker sore is. I did have braces once though. Did the ortho give you some of that soft wax to put on top, and smooth over, the sharp bits of your braces?

I used the pink wax on my dark metallic braces. Gawd I was a stunner. :|

ohhh yeah i remember having braces back then. the sores were a bitch:|

the wax is a godsend. stock up on it.

and now I see another sore is forming right next to the one that's already there :madspit:

I've got plenty of wax, but it's not helping much right now :(

i had braces for almost 4 years. it sucked. and i ended up having to get a bridge anyway :angry:

I rememebr having braces, I rememebr the fisrt 2 days sucked, but after that I didnt even rememebr about them. I dont ever remeembr using the wax. But it does suck when you go in every month and they tighten the braces up. Hey just rememebr chicks dig the braces, whenever you pass them in the hall give them a huge brace smile, THEy love it.

macphisto23 said:
Hey just rememebr chicks dig the braces, whenever you pass them in the hall give them a huge brace smile, THEy love it.

apparently it doesn't work the other way around

but then I was never qualified in the hot girl contest to begin with :|

ABEL said:
i had braces for almost 4 years. it sucked. and i ended up having to get a bridge anyway :angry:

I had braces for four years as well. I'm twenty now and am in the "plastic retainer" phase. I know its all been worth it, but dammit I just want it to be over!

Best I can say is stick with the wax, because it will help eventually and rinse your mouth out with warm salt water for any sores on the inside of your mouth. It stings a bit, but its nothing compared to the discomfort you've already got.

Good luck with the braces though... you'll have the most stunning smile at the end of it :wink: :D

I've had braces twice :mad: but now it's all over. I never have to see the Ortho again :applaud:

Just remember, it will all be worth it, it WILL come to an end, and then you can go back to eating whatever you want :D

Your Ortho didn't mention "phase 2" did he? :ohmy:

Doozer61 said:
canker sore = cold sore

No, it isn't.

A cold sore is a result of latent Herpes.

A canker sore is not a viral infection.

a canker sore is more like an ulcer in your mouth than a cold sore.
i used to get them all the time.
i get them when i eat too much starchy foods or sugary foods...
so it helps if ya cut back on those...
and everytime after you eat brush your teeth/keep the mouth very clean and the wax helps too

Back
Top Bottom