IO: Burning forum questions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMacPhisto said:
The only beef I have with anyone is Crown and Diet. Will I have to throw down Internet Fisticuffs with this fellow? That remains to be seen.

It'll be a Vegas-esque prize fight.

lolololz fighting on the internet

phillyfan26 said:

I've never heard of one that requires as many posts as you and your friend have made.

I did not realize there was a specific post/time limit on these things. My bad.

Mountain Dew Ma said:

there is no actual joke. it's just
random
nonsense
like the rest
of this part
of the forum

there is no punchline
i guess

YOU (a general y-o-u not just you)
are the punchline?™

i am soul™

Well you use the whole soul trademark stuff wherever you post, so it's not just an IO thing.

Again, my problems are not with you.

AtomicBono said:

lolololz fighting on the internet

argue.jpg

Being retarded :drool:

AtomicBono said:

I did not realize there was a specific post/time limit on these things. My bad.

Not by rule, but for effect.

I believe the expression commonly used is "beating a dead horse."

But as Dusty said and LMP reitterated, the whole taking on the forum thing two days in is something worth taking issue with.

phillyfan26 said:

Not by rule, but for effect.

I believe the expression commonly used is "beating a dead horse."

But as Dusty said and LMP reitterated, the whole taking on the forum thing two days in is something worth taking issue with.

so he should have made some worthy posts about bono's hair first?

It'd be one thing if he did this shit when there was actually stuff going on (a tour, album, etc) but I mean really what was going on before he came on? nothing. what is going on now? some people are making a very big deal out of a whole lot of nothing :p

AtomicBono said:

well not every post he has ever made is in that style though?

true but most are. I think that's why the cold reception here. It looked like trolling when a couple threads ended up like this. People join and have 20 odd posts in one day it gets attention. Zoomerang is a poor comparison because he only posts like that occasionally and he's been here too long to be considered a troll. If you don't care for those posts you don't go into his LS threads. If you're posting like this was contained to one thread i doubt it would bother anyone.

Obviously that was sorta of your intent to stir things up a bit so you can't be shocked at people's reactions. It's cool that you're friends and not trolls. If you don't want to be hated though I would keep that style of posting to a minimum because it's just annoying to read.

welcome to the board :)

P.S the trademark thing only bothers me because I cannot make one :(

AtomicBono said:

It'd be one thing if he did this shit when there was actually stuff going on (a tour, album, etc) but I mean really what was going on before he came on? nothing. what is going on now? some people are making a very big deal out of a whole lot of nothing :p

Are you being serious?

The guy's been an asshole, plain and simple. It doesn't matter if he came when the band released some sort of double-album magnum opus.

redkat said:
P.S the trademark thing only bothers me because I cannot make one :(

same here. I just copy and paste previous trademark signs.

thank you for
the welcome

but i feel
as if i have spent
a past life
or four
here™
i feel...at peace
with my soul
in an odd way
despite my jun2007
registration™

LemonMacPhisto said:

Are you being serious?

The guy's been an asshole, plain and simple.

same here. I just copy and paste previous trademark signs.

hmm well that asshole is one of my best friends so maybe you should calm down with that, because that sounds like a personal attack to me

also, just google how to do ALT codes, it is not that hard people

alt + 2 on mac ™

AtomicBono said:

I don't venture in PLEBA. I have been here since May of 2006, there have been 11 U2 shows in that time, over a year. I've been a contributing member however.

I enjoy how you feel condescending towards other posters' topics. While there certainly isn't the topic frequency of a U2 time, there are topics nonetheless.

We made one thread, is that really that big of a deal to you?

And your buddy hasn't been doing nothing.

AtomicBono said:
hmm well that asshole is one of my best friends so maybe you should calm down with that, because that sounds like a personal attack to me

Oh, I see, so because he's your friend it makes his actions defendable? Do you disagree with what we've said about him?

Personal attack? Go to the Wilco thread, I don't think I started anything there.

That's cool he's one of your friends, I understand if you're angry at me for saying that. I have a personal friend on here, too, if he acted like a jerk to other people, I know I'd be the first to tell him.

BonoManiac said:

so
are you

saying/ that you're ]

an alter? ™

did i ?
or have i spoken
of previous travels
on this diary before?

i might have gone to private school
but never was
an alter boy

so what you speak of
i know not™

phillyfan26 said:

I don't venture in PLEBA. I have been here since May of 2006, there have been 11 U2 shows in that time, over a year. I've been a contributing member however.

I enjoy how you feel condescending towards other posters' topics. While there certainly isn't the topic frequency of a U2 time, there are topics nonetheless.

We made one thread, is that really that big of a deal to you?

And your buddy hasn't been doing nothing.

Bono's hair seems to creep into EYKIW however, or at least bonos weight does :wink:

and my point wasnt to be condescending ... my point was i don't think his posts are any worse than a lot of the topics that come up. I don't get how he's being so disruptive. If it really bothers you that much, just ignore it. How many total threads has he posted nonsense in, and how many total threads has he derailed with such nonsense? i'm thinking the mods would ban him if he was considered a troll. they're pretty ruthless about that.

also, its an internet message board for crying out loud, calm down people

LemonMacPhisto said:
Personal attack? Go to the Wilco thread, I don't think I started anything there.

all he did is post a hilarious image macro :happy:

also i try to bring that thread on topic everytime I post on it, before I got there it was all about patrick swayze :wink:

AtomicBono said:
and my point wasnt to be condescending ... my point was i don't think his posts are any worse than a lot of the topics that come up. I don't get how he's being so disruptive. If it really bothers you that much, just ignore it. How many total threads has he posted nonsense in, and how many total threads has he derailed with such nonsense? i'm thinking the mods would ban him if he was considered a troll. they're pretty ruthless about that.

also, its an internet message board for crying out loud, calm down people

We've posted in one thread, stop asking us to calm down. It's one thread.

He's being disruptive by deliberately attacking a certain person over his humor. He's been a troll so far. I don't know what the moderator opinion on him is, but in at least two threads I've seen he's made deliberate attacks.

With a couple of days' posts no less.

AtomicBono said:

all he did is post a hilarious image macro :happy:

also i try to bring that thread on topic everytime I post on it, before I got there it was all about patrick swayze :wink:

There's nothing wrong with the Swayze, but yeah, it's stayed fairly on-topic, at least by normal standards.

I'm just going to try to ignore that you have no clue your friend's being a douche from now on.

Mountain Dew Ma said:

i must add
that in your seven years
you have amassed under
1000 posts

i am humbled
and honored
that you worry
about me.

thank you.™

my soul™is™free

Oh

trust me

it is not you who I worry about

i have better things to do than worry about people on an internets message board™

LemonMacPhisto said:

There's nothing wrong with the Swayze, but yeah, it's stayed fairly on-topic, at least by normal standards.

I'm just going to try to ignore that you have no clue your friend's being a douche from now on.

Oh I know, that's why he's great :happy:

(also nice to know that off-topic is okay as long as it's something that amuses you. man interference is SERIOUS BUSINESS >>insert funny internet serious business picture here<<)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: IO: Burning forum questions!

phillyfan26 said:

Taking a picture of a household item and making it psychadelically colored is funny? Really?

Repeating words like "soul," "thought," and "™" in random orders with random spacing is funny? Really?

Sorry if I tend to think LMP's pop culture references (which, unlike your posts, have context and make sense) are funnier than your humor. Actually, scratch that. Your attempts at humor. Which I am only realizing are attempts because you said so. I would've said intentional pain in the ass had you not said that.

im sorry i ruined your internet :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom