IO biperannial poll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you wear shoes in your house? (Sneakers etc.)

• yes (I'm american)

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • no (I'm american)

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • yes (i'm not american)

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • no (I'm not american)

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
I guess I have this stereotype built of of americans parading around in their house with their sneakers on. Maybe because everyone in sitcoms does it

I often wear shoes in the house. I thought that was common.

Is it not? :der:

*waits for Kirk's earth-shattering poll to tell me*

:wink:

zoney! said:
I parade around *only* in my sneakers!

~:sexywink:

kinky :sexywink:

i usually take off my shoes when i get home. then my watch or any jewelry i'm wearing. odd that my wrist feels nekkid if i leave the house without my watch on, but the second i get home, i have to take it off.

my brother and sister in law don't allow shoes on in their apartment in nyc. we have to take our shoes off and leave them by the front door. my apartment i really don't care if your shoes are off or on, i take mine off cuz it's more comfortable.

wtf? i'm the only american who goes shoeless? i can't keep my shoes off enough. if i could i would go barefoot even outside. i usually try to always wear open-toed shoes so i at least don't have to wear socks.

for the record, my husband goes shoeless inside too. my dad too, but my mom must always wear sneakers around the house, mainly because her sensitive skin could get hurt from walking around on the carpet in bare feet.

I never wear shoes in the house. Most people who come to our house just take their shoes off and leave them lying in the hall :der: Wearing shoes indoors is not popular here. :up:

I put my shoes on in the morning while dressing myself and take them off in the evening while undressing. In the meantime, they stay on.

And I'm not American. (Hey, the poll asked for it! :p)

I don't always wear shoes indoors...actually, I really enjoy being barefoot...and now I'm starting to wonder why I do wear shoes in the house. :mad:

i don't wear shoes in the house. ever.

i will, however, wear them when i go into untrustworthy houses...like cujo's.

I don't see the point in wearing shoes inside the house
so I don't

there
now you know

I do wear shoes inside. As a kid, I always hated going to someone's house that made you kick them off at the door. To me it's just as bad to have feet sweat in your rug as the shoe itself, unless it's covered with mud or dog shit or something that is. Sometimes I take them off later if they hurt my feet, but I never, never take them off because of the house or the rug.(unless they're covered with mud or dog shit or something)

Last edited:
I am american ... ummm ... I wear shoes sometimes ... most of the times I wear sandals around the house (even in winter). Sandals are easy to take off when I am lounging around on the couch and want to put my feet up.

Yeah ... that was probably more than you needed to know.

I cannot walk on hard floors (kitchens, bathrooms, etc.) without shoes. I don't want to think about the disgusting things making their way into my bloodstream via my feet. :yuck: Same with gross carpet, like the horrible place I'm living now. :barf: I wear slippers just to walk across my room.

Back
Top Bottom