IO: Anchovies are misunderstood.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
okay Beav, we have a problem

With all the anchovy talk, I had to have some today but I think I overdid it and at the moment, I'm not liking them very much.

I bought some good crackers, a huge jar of anchovy stuffed olives and small jar of anchovies in olive oil, came home and went to town. After the initial flavor explosion of salty goodness passed, I started feeling a little queazy. That was 2 hours ago and oy vey...I may have killed the love :barf:

Bono's American Wife said:
okay Beav, we have a problem

With all the anchovy talk, I had to have some today but I think I overdid it and at the moment, I'm not liking them very much.

I bought some good crackers, a huge jar of anchovy stuffed olives and small jar of anchovies in olive oil, came home and went to town. After the initial flavor explosion of salty goodness passed, I started feeling a little queazy. That was 2 hours ago and oy vey...I may have killed the love :barf:

It's just temporary. Things like this happen all the time. Happens to me with alcohol a lot. Wait a bit, let it pass. You'll be back on the 'chovy in no time. Sometimes we misunderestimate their powers, we think we're better than our salty little amigos, like we can take 'em all on. It's normal, don't sweat it.

Has anyone ever had anchovy paste? What is that?

Bono's American Wife said:

People look at us like we're freaks because we order an extra plate of anchovies with our cesar salads but they're just so damn delicious :drool:

I love anchovy on my pizza.........and it sucks the big one that many of the cafes don't even have anchovy anymore on their caesar salads anymore:(

UberBeaver said:

Has anyone ever had anchovy paste? What is that?

Hell yeah!.........It's called Pecks Anchovette Spread.......yummy on fresh thickly sliced white bread!!!!!!:drool:
pecks125.jpg

Last edited:
Beaver
Wife of Beaver
BAW
Mr. Baw
Mother of Beav
Mother in Law of Beav*
adrball
Redrocks
BlueEyedGirl
FlySoHigh
meegannie **

* in training
** not sure if she enjoys anchovies or if she's doing that "Eat your brains" IO thing.

I leave for a few months and I come back....come back to an "I heart anchovies" thread.

Beav, you slay me.

:hi5:

UberBeaver said:

It's just temporary. Things like this happen all the time. Happens to me with alcohol a lot. Wait a bit, let it pass. You'll be back on the 'chovy in no time. Sometimes we misunderestimate their powers, we think we're better than our salty little amigos, like we can take 'em all on. It's normal, don't sweat it.

I think we're all good again :up:

it's all paid for? do you know how much i drink?
do you realize that beers in BB King's are like 8 bucks a pop?

I'm no cheap date.

but i do put out.:wink:

Numb1075 said:
it's all paid for? do you know how much i drink?
do you realize that beers in BB King's are like 8 bucks a pop?

I'm no cheap date.

but i do put out.:wink:

I'm not going to BBs. I'm just going to the bar(s) before hand.

And if you don't go, I'll drive up to Westchester so you can put out. Then I won't call. Just like last time. Slut.

UberBeaver said:
Beaver
Wife of Beaver
BAW
Mr. Baw
Mother of Beav
Mother in Law of Beav*
adrball
Redrocks
BlueEyedGirl
FlySoHigh
meegannie **

* in training
** not sure if she enjoys anchovies or if she's doing that "Eat your brains" IO thing.

HEY...What about me :mad:

Don't make me get my sporks out :wink:

Beaver
Wife of Beaver
BAW
Mr. Baw
Mother of Beav
Mother in Law of Beav*
adrball
Redrocks
BlueEyedGirl
FlySoHigh
fah
meegannie **

* in training

I may be a slut, but I don't hear you complaining.

See if I pick up the phone at 3am when you want a bootie call.:madspit:

Back
Top Bottom