IO: About feckin time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhotswami

Blue Crack Addict
after 2 of the longest years of my life, i finally have my M.A.Ed. :D

l_588e2b34b0eb5c9113d6df7afa21d676.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, congratulations!! I get done in December.... I can't imagine how relieved and great you feel. :hug: What are your next plans now?

thanks everyone! im aliattle drunk dnow but im very happer!~!!!! this year kinda dsu cked, but it feels freat to bhe graduated.

except i have to defent my researh project in 2 weeks. im nervous!!!!! but at least i am do ne with this degree.

nnow on to the next one??????????????

bd - my current plans are as follows:

i have aj ob lined up at another university as academic advisor to graduate students (ahahahhahaha karma is gonna bite me in the ass!)
i plan to move permanently to dublin the following y ear

i will starrt anotther masters or a phd in 5 years after workign for wawhile.

unico said:
thanks everyone! im aliattle drunk dnow but im very happer!~!!!! this year kinda dsu cked, but it feels freat to bhe graduated.

except i have to defent my researh project in 2 weeks. im nervous!!!!! but at least i am do ne with this degree.

i have aj ob lined up at another university as academic advisor to graduate students (ahahahhahaha karma is gonna bite me in the ass!)

:drool: Drunk Mia=teh sexiness....

Congrats love of my life!! You deserve this! You worked so hard!! You feckin' rock girlie!!:rockon: *will be sending you some reading material later this week*:kiss:

:lol: i got a phonecall the other morning from a lurker friend who told me "you need to go read what you posted on interference. it is hilarious!"

sidenote: i'm gonna brag a bit...I got a 3.84 gpa. I've come a very long way for someone who was suspended from college her freshman year. So...if anyone is struggling through college, don't give up!

thanks for the congrats :hug:

:hi5:

Don't be nervous about your defense. Think of it as your chance to show off all the hard work you've done. I was nervous right before my dissertation defense, but it ended up being the best and most beneficial part of my whole four years here.

You have a lot to be proud of! Congratulations!

BonoIsMyMuse said:
:hi5:

Don't be nervous about your defense. Think of it as your chance to show off all the hard work you've done. I was nervous right before my dissertation defense, but it ended up being the best and most beneficial part of my whole four years here.

You have a lot to be proud of! Congratulations!

:hug: Thank you!
Haha I didn't heed your advice. My exam was scheduled at 8am this morning and, I was a wreck. I even got more nervous when one of my committee was late! But then I laxed a bit when my committee were talking about their summer vacations (some REALLY funny stories were shared).

They asked some tough questions, but I was able to answer every single one. It was sort of like an Art Critique, which I'm more familiar with. Then my chair says "okay, now you gotta leave the room so we can talk about you!" THAT part I was not expecting. So I had to sit outside for probably the longest 5 minutes of my life. He then came out with his arms extended and his head down, as if to embrace me. I was prepared to cry.

"Congratulations, you passed!" He said. I tried to play it cool. I hugged him back, went in and hugged the rest of my committee.

So...it is done! Finally :) And let me say that (again) I am part of history. This is the first time in a very long time that an entire cohort has graduated and fulfilled all the requirements together. Last year some didn't graduate, and some came back this spring to defend research from a long time ago. But, we did it!! We kicked ass.

Now...on to the rest of my life. :)

unico said:

:drool: Drunk posts...

:hi5: congrats!

Back
Top Bottom