I'm officially SCARED!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bayernfc

Refugee
I know everyone's heard of this SARS thing, and maybe to some of you it's getting annoying.....BUT a couple of my uni profs have been asked to stay away from students and a couple of my lectures have been cancelled......it's scaring me since the Uni never cancels any lectures.

:yikes: First the war, then this and to top it all off I got stuck in snow today ....... *not a happy day*

:hug: I know it is really scary...even down here in Texas there were a couple of cases that they thought might be SARS, I never heard if they were actually confirmed or not tho.

i fear not for SARS.

no reason to be scared when you're far from everyone and you don't touch people.

:up: seclusion.

Wash your hands after you touch objects in public...and make sure that noone sneezes on you.

It's like the common cold, but you have to be really anal about hygiene now.

Things you don't really think about...like washing your hands before eating at a restaurant, at a bar, etc, etc, etc...

We should have our suits, and live like the boy in the bubble :|

SARS = overhype

Toronto is now considered a hot spot. Meetings are cancels, trips are postponed...
the thing people forget is that this disease only has a 4% death rate. Only 10 or 11 people have died from it in canada out of hundreds infected.

The UN said an interesting thing the other day...16,000 people are diagnosed with incurable HIV everyday. But it seems like we've lost the huge rush to find a cure for that.

Basstrap said:
SARS = overhype

Toronto is now considered a hot spot. Meetings are cancels, trips are postponed...
the thing people forget is that this disease only has a 4% death rate. Only 10 or 11 people have died from it in canada out of hundreds infected.

The UN said an interesting thing the other day...16,000 people are diagnosed with incurable HIV everyday. But it seems like we've lost the huge rush to find a cure for that.

That's true....they're making such a big deal out of this. Here in Toronto there's hourly updates and they make you feel like everyone should be in isolation.

about the HIV there's still a huge attempt for finding a cure. it's just that so far all the drugs they came up with, either lost their efficiency after a while and it takes time to come up with new solutions everytime.

Basstrap said:

That's actually a far more scary statistic than the ones about SARS. That said, I can understand why people are so scared about SARS because it's something most people have never heard about before and people don't really know what they can do to reduce their chances of being affected. Still, it's sad that AIDS/HIV don't ever get the same attention from the media and from the medical profession as SARS is getting right now.

FizzingWhizzbees said:

That's actually a far more scary statistic than the ones about SARS. That said, I can understand why people are so scared about SARS because it's something most people have never heard about before and people don't really know what they can do to reduce their chances of being affected. Still, it's sad that AIDS/HIV don't ever get the same attention from the media and from the medical profession as SARS is getting right now.

Also, it's a hell of a lot easier to catch SARS than HIV/AIDS.

Back
Top Bottom