I'm officially cold...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The children used turkey tins :up:

Its really popular here when it snows my mums friends son was using one in the snow last year and apparently compacted all the snow and made it really slippy for all her neighbours.

Or maybe people here are all tramps :slant:

My electricity went out today and it got really cold in my room, so I went to sleep. Then the electricity came back on and it's hot again. I think it must be the heat from the rest of the flat and the other flats in the building. It'd better not get as hot this summer as it did last summer, or I will go on a rampage. :mad: The UK is NOT supposed to get hot.

My friends halls are like that its like living in a hotel - hotels are ALWAYS hot - and she couldnt close her window because one day she opened it and one of the hinges fell off and it was dangling off so when she complained they said she was overreacting, when she finally got it closed there was a gap and her room was still warm, she moved into new halls at Chrismas though :up: She said she was tempted to go back to her old room and open the window and let it fall out so she could prove it really was hanging by a hinge.

beli said:
Whats a turkey tin? A big metal box?

A roasting tin? A big silver tin used for cooking turkey/ chicken in in the oven.

stainlesssteelrt.jpg

Yeah, we usually have a barbie for Xmas too. Either that or my brother in law will catch some crayfish (like lobster) and we will cook em and have salad and go for a swim.

meegannie said:
I want to go to Australia. :|

February is stinking hot (in Western Australia) so it wont be long and I will be complaining about the weather. At least when its cold you can put on more and more clothes. When its hot and your already typing on the internet in your undies with the doors open praying for the sea breeze to kick in soon, theres not a whole lot more you can do. :| (Except wait for the icecream truck)

ti-hua said:
My doctor actually diagnosed me with Raynaud's Phenomenon which is basically a severe aversion to cold. Of course living on Lake Ontario doesn't help much either. :huh:

AGGH!! Raynauds! I am not alone!

Seriously though, I'm just beginning to develop it in my toes. My mother and aunt have such severe cases in their hands--my mom's fingers go blue after she's trying to warm up. I know exactly how you feel.

meegannie said:
I want to go to Australia in the winter. :|

Melbourne would be nice in summer. Most of the SE would be okay. Its really just the west, the north and the centre that are icky in February.

Whats Raynaud's Phenomenon? Is that like shinblades (?) that people get in cold climates (or from sleeping on the cold bathroom tiles in hot climates)

Raynaud's Phenomenon:

http://my.webmd.com/content/healthwise/19/4707.htm?lastselectedguid={5FE84E90-BC77-4056-A91C-9531713CA348}

In my experience I just get cold at temperatures a lot higher than the average person would. So when it gets really cold my hands and feet can get stiff and even go numb. When they warm back up it can be really painful.

No The Sweetest Thing, you are definitely not alone. I feel your pain, literally!

Hot today, as it was yesterday and it will be tomorrow. In Perth anyway. Its cooler in Hobart.

I was reading a crappy magazine on the train this morning, as you do, and there was a mention of why Nicole Kidmans hands looked all pink and yucky last week - apparently she has Raynauds! How spooky is that. :eek:

tonite we've got temps in the 20's and 30's...yesterday we were near 70 degrees F....crazy texas weather :crazy:

The area of Texas where I live woke up to snow and ice yesterday and by 2pm it was all but a memory. :crazy: We need the moisture in any form we can get it though. :yes:

haha g'morning EP :wave:

we posted at the same time :wink:
i'm actually going to bed now i think, finally, lol! yesh i know it's almost 7am lol.

Back
Top Bottom