I think it's officially dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
I knew this would happen, I can't grow anything :|

A couple times the soil got kinda dry because I had forgotten to water my bonsai tree :ohmy: but the plant seemed ok, green and flourising...but today I go and look and it's all wilted and bent over (although it is still green, but the leaves are all shrivled up) :(I hope it's just wilted and that by watering it I can revive it, but I think it's dead :tsk:

Today I was going to go to the Bonsai shop, or the nursery and buy some potting soil and transplant it now that it was starting to get bigger, but I forgot :reject:

I hope it's not dead :sigh:

:scream:

:sad:

(sorry the pic is kinda blurry, but you can see how it's all bent over :( )

Attachments

• bansai 1-9-03.jpg
    bansai 1-9-03.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 79
I guess it peaked at puberty, and then it was all downhill from there.

Yeah...that's kind of how things have gone for me.

I don't care...I've decided I'm still going to buy the potting soil tomorrow and try to save it! :(

Lemon Meringue said:
ABEL, are you gonna make a signature with your U2 drawings?

yes, as soon as I draw Larry :laugh:

anybody got any good, recent pics of Larry? Something that kinda matches the other three pics I drew? :shrug:

the people in the apartment downstairs always slam the door when they come in, the whole floor shakes :|

Abel you might actually be able to save it afterall! The green (albeit wilted) leaves might be a good sign. I've had some plants (flowers mostly) turn completely dead brown color. But after a lil H20 and some plant food (soil) they'd come right back up :hyper: So hey, at least you could have a Bonsai Zombie :laugh:

Cleasai said:
Abel you might actually be able to save it afterall! The green (albeit wilted) leaves might be a good sign. I've had some plants (flowers mostly) turn completely dead brown color. But after a lil H20 and some plant food (soil) they'd come right back up :hyper: So hey, at least you could have a Bonsai Zombie :laugh:

this is what i'm hoping for...however when I looked closely at the plant, it seemed to be kind of shrivled near the base of the plant too...I don't think that's a good sign, but I'm gonna try anyway :sigh:

there's a specialty bonsai place...i have never been inside, it's not too far away from here, i hope they're still there...anyway, that's what i'm gonna try to do tomorrow...hopefully I'll have time before Gheto gets here :yes:

thanks...I looked there, the photos were good, but most of them seemed to be older ones :shrug:

well, I'm back from the Bonsai shop....the guy that worked there said NOT to transplant the tree when it's sick because transplanting is very traumatic and could kill it :ohmy:

I told him I thought it was a lost cause, that the tree was probably dead already...he said I could even bring it by sometime...I might if it starts to look better.

he suggested some plant food...i went ahead and bought a container and some soil too, just in case the plant gets healthier

so now I've given the tree some of the food, and I even put a little of the new soil (100% Bonsai soil) around the top of the plant (he didn't suggest that but i thought there might be some good nutrients for the plant).

now I just wait :sigh:

Last edited:
I suck at taking care of plants. I always go days forgetting to water it or put it in light. I've killed everyone i've bought. I hate myself.

:banghead:

I'm going to be a horrible mother. :scream: My children will starve. I need a house husband.

Wait, Tiff. Step one: FIND BOYFRIEND......

update:

:hmm: There appears to be a slight thickening around the base of the plant since I started giving it this plant food....the top of the tree still looks pretty dead tho, not much improvement really :|

does it look like this yet?
triden~1.gif

Back
Top Bottom