I officially think it's a virus...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
i got this email from someone who's name and email addy i don't recognize, and the message said:

Will meet tonight as we agreed, because on Wednesday I don't think I'll make it,

so don't be late. And yes, by the way here is the file you asked for.
It's all written there. See you.

siosifwi

and there's a zip file (which i won't download or open) called readnow.zip

looks like it's probably a virus to me :shifty:
anyone else gotten something like it?

i haven't received that, but i often receive spam-like messages with attachments. thank god outlook express has rules and stuff that you can define. if for some reason they don't get recognized as spam, i red flag all messages with attachments.

the worst part is is that this crap keeps getting circulated. there always seems to be a couple morons at my mom's work who blindly opens every attachment they're sent. recently it was during one of the worms, and they thought it was a coworker. did no one even read it and think, "hmm, why would they send me this? this doesn't sound like them. maybe i should call them and see if they sent me this." 30 seconds of clarifying could've prevented them from spreading it through the entire (very large) office.

Glad you got my e-mail.

I assume we are still on.

Directions are in the zip file!

with sincerity,
siosifwi

I got a virus on my old computer. It was a pain. My anti-virus software has nabbed two viruses on this computer. Thank goodness!

They had a video for it. Basically, the guy lost his detachable penis the nite before, and he's walking around town trying to find it. It happens.

MrBrau1 said:
They had a video for it. Basically, the guy lost his detachable penis the nite before, and he's walking around town trying to find it. It happens.

wouldn't you be more careful with something like that.

i delete most mail from addresses i don't recognize, attatchments or no attatchements.

i almost deleted an email from yertle because his actual name came up and i thought who's that? i don't know anyone with that name :reject:

Will meet tonight as we agreed, because on Wednesday I don't think I'll make it,

so don't be late. And yes, by the way here is the file you asked for.
It's all written there. See you.

siosifwi

ABEL-- Sounds like you've been initiated into some cloak and dagger spyworld. :sexyspywink:

Lara Mullen said:
I love bill gates

i dont, instead of improving versions of windows by making them a little faster and what not, he & microsoft should be working on creating better sercurity for windows

Bill Gates would lose money if he had a product that worked. He's a business man, not a programmer.

I delete all junk mail without reading it. Prolly delete legit ones too.
oops.

Back
Top Bottom