I officially prefer buying Christmas presents the 24 of December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't used to procrastinate, but the last few years I have become the Procrastinator From Hell when it comes to Christmas shopping. My problem is that I hate shopping, especially during December when it's so damn hard to find a parking place anywhere. I'll probably do all of my Christmas shopping out in the boonies where all the traffic isn't headed.

I hate all this Christmas stuff thats in the shops now. I hate that people are buying Christmas stuff too, it makes my job harder. I would like Christmas cheer to be banned until December. I'm a scrooge. :up:

I think this thing they are doing on the radio atm is hilarious. Two radio presenters (one of them is the Norn Irish Colin Murray :drool: ) are sending a petition to Tony Blair explaining why Christmas ads shouldn't be up until December. Today they said if 5,000 people sign the petition inthe next 24 hours, Colin will spend half the money he gets from turning on the christmas lights here on farmyard animals :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/djs/colinandedith/features/christmas_petition.shtml

I´m seriously considering to get all the Christmas stuff online this year.. after all, I am single, so there´s no lingerie, perfume etc.
mouton.gif

One of the best days we ever shopped was the morning of the 24th;;;all of the shops at a local mall opened at 6 a.m., BAW and I were there amongst everyone else but it gave us a sense of togetherness...it was really nice...maybe we'll try that again this year...:up:

My Dad says you shouldn't go out after the 20th because the closer you get to christmas the more chance you have of being run over by a Granny in a shop who's vying for the same gifts as you :lol:

I haven't bought a single thing yet. I am still thinking about what to get my friend for her birthday at the end of the month. Also, i have no money.

i wait until post christmas sale. it also give me a chanse to se what everyone gets so that i can get them what they really want. all i want for christmas is a kiss from larry mullen.

i dont ask for much :kiss: :hug: :larry:

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
I´m seriously considering to get all the Christmas stuff online this year.. after all, I am single, so there´s no lingerie, perfume etc.
mouton.gif

lingerie & perfume :drool: are girls's best friends :D :heart:

Ok ... my mom works in the retail industry. She is not a sales person, but works behind the scenes in human resources at a department store.

She has been lucky enough in the past to avoid working on Christmas Eve (when we celebrate with my Dad's side of the family).

But this year, the new store policy is that everyone, regardless of your deparement must work on certain days between now and Christmas. One of those days is Christmas Eve.

I seriously have issues with people that wait until the last minute ... they put a crimp in the holiday plans of some families.

Back
Top Bottom