I officially don't want to go to the dentist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
I don't wanna go!!!!!!!!! please don't make me!!!!!!!! :scream:

I have to go to the dentist tomorrow to get my teeth cleaned and on Tuesday to get some fillings replaced, and possibly even a cap (or crown or whatever)...and hopefully the tooth that might need a cap won't need something worse done to it :no: the horror!

(yeah my dentist has a weird schedule cuz he's going out of town next week so that's why I have to go on 2 different days :grumpy:)

I hate going to the dentist and I've been bad too...it's been over a year since I've been.

:sad: :( :scream: :der: :no: :angry: :|

Last edited:
My dentist called to tell me I was due for a cleaning and an exam, but I don't have dental insurance anymore, so I'm not going. :reject:

when i was home on christmas break i got a notice that said i needed to go to the dentist post haste. i threw it out :uhoh:

fat chance i'm going to the dentist in some time though. i have wisdom teeth still coming in, and he wants to give me a root canal. no way in hell am i going for a root canal. :mad:

we are in the process of switching dentists. they were yelling at my husband when he came in because he couldn't pay the $2000+ dental bill in full that day. WTF? i mean, he's 20 years old. what 20 year old makes that kind of money to throw that around like it's no problem? they even know his parents don't even live here.

his mom is supposed to be making the payments (after how much my mom and i have supported him and how little she's been doing, not to mention how much she spoils his brother, her coughing up this money is nothing) so i'm gonna make sure he rides her ass and makes her send a check to go to the dentist's office asap.

when dentists say people need a lot of dental work (like he needs a root canal, a crown, etc.) it always makes me wonder if they really do or not. like when a mechanic checks out your car and sees you'll either need a new alternator, starter, or spark plugs. he finds out you need new spark plugs, but says you need all three. you know? that, and the fact that they fucking hurt the hell out of me when i went for my cleaning, and the fact that they drilled his tooth to almost nothing and put on a crown but gave him NO medicine to take afterwards pisses me off.

oh, and did i mention she told me i had gum recession but failed to tell me the cause of it? or how to at least prevent it from getting worse? someone else had to tell me i was brushing my teeth too hard. sheesh.

anyway, good luck. :crack:

i had to go to the dentist over winter break. but it was all good cos afterterwards, i went to see "gangs of ny".

I need to go to the dentist too, I also haven't been in over a year. I think I have some cavities which makes me not want to go even more.

only 9 more hours till I have to get up and get ready for my dentist appointment...and only 10 more hours till the actual appointment

I guess I should go to bed early tonight so I can get up and be ready for my appointment in the morning, even though it's my Friday night :grumpy:

:no: :scream: :no: :scream: :no: :scream: :no:

I guess I should go brush my teeth....do you brush your teeth more and harder the night before and the day that you go to the dentist than you do any other time? :laugh:

well this is it...my last post before going to bed :sad:

when I wake up it'll be time for.... :no:

It'll be ok! :hug:

My dentist's name at home is Dr. Biting. :eek: Yeah, and I still went...he was in the same building as a urologist named...hehe...this is funny...dr. leak. I swear it. AND...my ear dr.'s name is dr. cotton. :laugh:

Only you, Jenn.... :rolleyes: ;)

I have to get my wisdom teeth taken out in 13 days. :crazy: I have a serious oral hygeine obsession. I have to stop myself from brushing my teeth ALL the time. :uhoh: I have a huge fear of losing teeth when I'm old, so now I'm obsessed with my gums. :reject:

ABEL said:
it's almost time :no: :scream:

I need to go brush my teeth :|

toothgrn.gif

I have a check up tomorrow

I have had a hole in my tooth for 3 yearsand they havent filled it cus its neevr grown

i'm baaaaaackkkk and it's over!!!!!! and I'm :D <--- notice pearly white teeth

untill Tuesday...when I go back for the really yucky stuff when they have to fill a couple cavities :|

The cleaning wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be...I was dreading it cuz it had been so long since i'd been to the dentist...luckily tho, my teeth don't form much tartar, so there wasn't much scraping and digging involved...she only found one little patch of tartar.

Hopefully Tuesday won't be that bad either...she found two little cavities, but they were just little specs...she said the tooth in the back looked fine to her, which is weird, cuz it hurts when I bite down on it when I'm chewing. :der:

well, tomorrow's the day I go back to the dentist to have the work done on my fillings :no:

I hate needles :no:

Ironically tho, the tooth in the back that had really been bothering me hasnt hurt since I got it cleaned :shrug:

I'm not quite as nervous about going tomorrow since I was just there on Friday for my cleaning, but I still don't like the idea, and I don't like the needle and the drilling :no:

Sometimes I wonder what's worse...the actual drilling, or just the sound the drill makes :no:

oh I can't stand the drills either *shudder* for me it's the vibrations that the drill makes that just drive me insane.

I always have teeth that hurt whether I have any cavaties or not. My teeth suck :(

i have no dental insurance since I graduated from college...

but i still try to keep good care of my teeth---> :D , see?

floss, brush, and gargle!

my teeth are in need of brushing...i shouold go do that soon...

well, they didn't do anything to my teeth today, he just examined them. however he found some problems with my bridge work that include some tooth decay. I have to decide if I want to spend appx. $1,600 (after insurance :banghead: ) and have my bridge completely replaced (which it is an out of date style they don't make any more, and hard to take care of). this would involve pulling a tooth :no:

or I could just have it all fixed with fillings for around $100. if i choose this rout, I may need more work in the future anyway as the fillings wear down, etc.

:no:

:sigh:

I have to get my teeth cleaned in an hour...and I don't wanna go! :reject:

I just know they'll find something bad. I've never had a cavity or a filling, ever, but I just have bad feeling about this appointment. :scream:

I think I'm going to go with the new bridge...I haven't decided for sure yet, but I'm leaning in that direction...I just really dread the thought of having a tooth pulled :no:

Now I have to decide if I want to get it done before I go to Vegas for St. Paddy's day, so that hopefully I'd have a nice white new smile by then, or wait until after I go to Vegas in case there are any problems with it :shrug:

pulling a tooth??
gah!
I hate the dentist

run!!!
run far away where bad teeth are not frowned upon!!

RUN TO ENGLAND!!!

Back
Top Bottom