I.O. tom cruise picture challenge thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2doggie said:

okay, they are saluting each other--has scientology evolved into some kind of army...oh, my god--
i mean, oh my L. Ron Hubbard....

They effectively use an army of lawyers to silence critics....

tc_library.jpg

nbcrusader said:

They effectively use an army of lawyers to silence critics....

....and to censor the cover of a book by L. Ron Hubbard's son and an associate about the father's true colors. That book is at the library.

verte76 said:
Holy smokes, it looks like Katie is taller than Tom! Is she?

Yes... apparently Tom has a thing for tall actresses :shrug:

but here he is with a woman who's actually shorter than him! :ohmy:
5744-Cruise88192042.jpg

and what is Penelope Cruz up to these days, anyway... :hmm:

even as a youngin', he was certainly... unique

(he's in the middle... and he's supposed to be Dorothy from "The Wizard of Oz")
tomcruisedorothy.jpg

(and now as a 1920s flapper)
tomcruiseflapper.jpg

I'm going to get sued, aren't I? :|

Last edited:
The "Hidden Truth" about the nature of the universe is taught to only the most advanced Scientologists, those who have achieved the level "clear", in a series of courses known as the Advanced Levels. The contents of these courses are held in strict confidence within Scientology. They have never been published by the Church, except for use in highly secure areas. The most advanced of all are the eight Operating Thetan levels, which require the initiate to be thoroughly prepared. The highest level, OT VIII, is only disclosed at sea, on the Scientology cruise ship Freewinds. Because Scientology is a mystery religion, the more closely guarded and esoteric teachings imparted at these higher levels may not always be entirely consistent with its entry-level teachings.

In the confidential OT levels, Hubbard describes a variety of traumas commonly experienced in past lives. He also explained how to reverse the effects of such traumas. Among these advanced teachings, one episode that is revealed to those who reach OT level III has been widely remarked upon in the press: the story of Xenu, the galactic tyrant who first kidnapped certain individuals who were deemed "excess population" and loaded these individuals into space planes for transport to the site of extermination, the planet of Teegeeack (Earth). These space planes were said to have been copies of Douglas DC-8s, with the addition of rocket engines. He then stacked hundreds of billions of these frozen victims around Earth's volcanoes 75 million years ago before blowing them up with hydrogen bombs and brainwashing them with a "three-D, super colossal motion picture" for 36 days, telling them lies of what they are and what the universe should be like and telling them that they are 3 different things: 'Jesus, God, and The Devil.' The traumatized thetans subsequently clustered around human bodies because they watched the motion picture together, making them think they are all the same thing, in effect acting as invisible spiritual parasites known as "body thetans" that can only be removed using advanced Scientology techniques. Xenu is allegedly imprisoned in a mountain by a force field powered by an eternal battery. He is said to be still alive today.

Scientologists argue that published accounts of the Xenu story and other colorful teachings are presented out of context for the purpose of ridiculing their religion. Journalists and critics of Scientology counter that Xenu is part of a much wider Scientology belief in past lives on other planets, some of which has been public knowledge for decades. For instance, Hubbard's 1958 book Have You Lived Before This Life documents past lives described by individual Scientologists during auditing sessions. These included memories of being "deceived into a love affair with a robot decked out as a beautiful blond-haired girl", being run over by a Martian bishop driving a steamroller which transformed him into an intergalactic walrus that perished after falling out of a flying saucer, after which he was "a very happy being who strayed to the planet Nostra 23,064,000,000 years ago".

Although reliable statistics are not available, it is fair to say that most Scientologists are not at a sufficiently high level on "the bridge" to learn about Xenu. Therefore, while knowledge of Xenu and Body Thetans is said to be crucial to the highest level church teachings, it cannot be regarded as a core belief of rank and file Scientologists. Thus accusations and criticisms by critics of ordinary Scientologists based on the above tend to work against the intention of the critics, since it is not published in commonly available materials, and is not part of what the vast majority of ordinary Scientologists believe. On the other hand, Scientology literature does include many references to extraterrestrial past lives, and internal Scientology publications are often illustrated with pictures of spaceships and oblique references to catastrophic events that happened "75 million years ago" (e.g. the Xenu incident).

tom_cruise_leno_002.jpg

scientology rules!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i downloaded the entire south park "trapped in the closet" episode because of this thread... i've watched it about 20 times since.

thank you :up:

:lol:

I had no idea this thread would be so inspiring :happy:

easytiger said:

Note hthe near death grip Cruise has on Ms. Holmes's neck in the shot on the left....also I think Katie looks terrible and very tired. Probably doesn't want to be photographed with the goof.

:up: That's a great one, Doozer! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom