I/O. I've had it with these mothafuckin' scorpions on this mothafuckin' plane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
MONTPELIER, Vermont (AP) -- A scorpion stung David Sullivan on the back of his right leg, just below the knee, then crawled up and down his left leg, he thinks, before getting him again in the shin.

Not what he was expecting on his flight home from Chicago to Vermont.

Sullivan, a 46-year-old builder from Stowe, was aboard the United Airlines flight on the second leg of his trip home from San Francisco, where he and his wife, Helena, had been visiting their sons. He awoke from a nap shortly before landing and noticed something strange. (Watch when the scorpion scrambled from underneath his pants )

"My right leg felt like it was asleep, but that was isolated to one spot, and it felt like it was being jabbed with a sharp piece of plastic or something."

The second sting came after the plane had landed and the Sullivans were waiting for their bags at the luggage carousel. Sullivan rolled up his cuff to investigate, and the scorpion fell out.

"It felt like a shock, a tingly thing. Someone screamed, 'It's a scorpion,"' Sullivan recalled. Another passenger stepped on the two-inch arachnid, and someone suggested Sullivan seek medical help.

He scooped up the scorpion and headed to the hospital in Burlington. His wife stopped at the United counter and was told the plane they were on had flown from Houston to Chicago. The Sullivans surmised the scorpion boarded in Texas.

"The airlines tell you you can't bring water or shampoo on a plane," Helena Sullivan said. But the scorpion did make it aboard, she said.

United spokeswoman Robin Urbanski said the incident "is something that we will investigate and look into. We're very sorry for what happened. Our customer safety and security is our No. 1 priority."

Scorpion stings are rarely fatal, except to babies or older people with health problems, said Dr. Stephen Leffler, director of emergency services at Burlington's Fletcher Allen Health Care hospital.

"We don't see many scorpion bites in Vermont," Leffler said.

For a healthy adult, a scorpion sting can mean numbness or shooting pain, or flu-like symptoms, which Sullivan said he had the next day.

He said he hadn't seen the recent movie, "Snakes on a Plane," starring Samuel L. Jackson.

"I'm pretty selective about what I see," Sullivan said. "Maybe I have to see it now."

Woohay! Something else to add to my list of reasons I hate being on a plane!

1. Claustrophobia
2. Scorpions

I never said it was a long list.

*edit* Yay! I can't spell! :happy: *fixes* :angry:

Last edited:
And I get asked "why can't I bring my somewhat exotic pet on the plane with me?"

THIS is why...you stupid people.

Then they try and sneak it on (sometimes succesfully, obviously).

In response, a new ad campaign from Southwest...

DING! You are now free to be scorpion free on your cross-country flight.

I did not know a scorpion is an arachnid! I did not know they were fatal either...i thought it was only the ones that you see in Cuban or Mexican movies that were the serious ones!

zoney! said:
And I get asked "why can't I bring my somewhat exotic pet on the plane with me?"

THIS is why...you stupid people.

Then they try and sneak it on (sometimes succesfully, obviously).

It wasn't a chinchilla was it?

you, your pet chinchilla, I bet you think, now don't you. don't you

redkat said:

It wasn't a chinchilla was it?

:cute:

No. :(

Let's see...my favorite was the guy I told he could not bring his turtle. I offered to have a vet friend come out and hold it for him. He said "no" and I have no idea what happened to the turtle. I ended up going out on the same airplane as him, and he sat there and wrote a nasty-gram about me for the whole flight.

THEN, there was the kid who was going to bring his exotic fish on board. The fish needed an electric oxygen machine - or else it would die (a 4 1/2 hour flight). First, I told him that he could not bring it on the plane, and then I reminded him that there was no where on the plane that he could plug the electric oxygen device in - so he was better off leaving it here. He told me I was a "very mean person."

Those are my two favorites...but I have to tell people quite often that their pet is not an acceptable "cabin" pet.

All they need to do is call or read the rules online. :shrug:

:shrug:

Re: you, your pet chinchilla, I bet you think, now don't you. don't you

zoney! said:

:cute:

No. :(

Let's see...my favorite was the guy I told he could not bring his turtle. I offered to have a vet friend come out and hold it for him. He said "no" and I have no idea what happened to the turtle. I ended up going out on the same airplane as him, and he sat there and wrote a nasty-gram about me for the whole flight.

THEN, there was the kid who was going to bring his exotic fish on board. The fish needed an electric oxygen machine - or else it would die (a 4 1/2 hour flight). First, I told him that he could not bring it on the plane, and then I reminded him that there was no where on the plane that he could plug the electric oxygen device in - so he was better off leaving it here. He told me I was a "very mean person."

Those are my two favorites...but I have to tell people quite often that their pet is not an acceptable "cabin" pet.

All they need to do is call or read the rules online. :shrug:

:shrug:

Why can't people read the rules? :eyebrow: :rolleyes:

Ok zoney, can I bring my flea?? :)

Back
Top Bottom