I/O I'm addicted to the Discovery Channel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

randhail

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I'm not afraid to admit that I just can't get enough of Discovery. Almost any show they put in front of me I just eat right up. Man vs. Wild, Deadliest Catch, Dirty Jobs, Myth Busters, Future Weapons, etc. I can't say enough good things about the shows. They could air a special on the mating habits of rats and I'd probably watch it. Bear Grylls is THE MAN. He has more knowledge about everything in the outdoor world than everyone else on this planet combined. I love Mike Rowe's dry sense of humor. Growing up, I didn't want to admit my love for the channel for fear of being labeled as a dork, but I openly embrace and am proud of my dorkiness. :yes:

I don't have cable. :angry:

Now our bent rabbit ear broke, and our reception is even worse. :angry:

For crying out loud, I'm not rich, but I'm certainly not that poor. :angry:

I need to get cable. :angry:

Then again...I already watch too much TV anyway. :angry:

Yay! :angry:

elevated_u2_fan said:
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you are angry about not having cable :wink:

Just a little bit. :angry:

The other night, Ernie was walking up the stairs, and he suddenly stopped to talk to me...but him standing in the middle of the stairs was ruining the reception. :angry:

Then a train went by...and it was a loooooooooong train...and THAT ruined the reception. :angry:

I yell at the trains. :angry:

I realize it doesn't fix anything, but I feel better. :angry:

I actually like living by the tracks, but I hate it when trains screw up the reception when I'm watching a show. :angry:

Me: "#@!*#( TRAIN!!!!!!!! HURRY UP!!!!!!!! GO!!!!!!!!!!"

:angry:

Sunday night:

Me: :censored: "TRAIN!!!!!! HURRY!!!!!! GO!!!!!!!!! WHEN WILL YOU END???"

Ernie: "Looks like 150 cars!"

Me: :censored:

:lol:!!

i used to get buses and all sorts of traffice outside my room..

now i switch rooms and in at teh back of the house. so all i hear is birds and dogs barking.

I dont have cable either. Can't even get the local channels. :angry:

However, next fall our landlord is going to install the best cable there is for no cost to us! :dance:

When I lived in my dorm room, we were right on the Canadian border, and I used to get this Canadian station in French that came in really well, so I watched that a lot.

I :love: :love: :love: me some Mike Rowe! His sense of humor & sarcasm are just supreme. If I didn't already have the perfect husband, I think I'd do some serious research on how one could get to know Mr. Rowe. :flirt: :lol:

MythBusters is also a fave of mine - just being able to witness the glee expressed when those guys blow something up makes my day. :laugh:

Started watching Planet Earth episodes Sunday night - those look like they'll be interesting, too. Yeah, 'addiction' might be too strong a word for me, but I'm definately enthusiastic about alot of the DCs programming. :up:

^ The 11 part Planet Earth series on Discovery High Def. theater has incredible images. It took 5 years to film it. Looking forward to watching all of them.

Back
Top Bottom