ZooTV or Popmart?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like Popmart better. I'am sure I will have ALOT of people that disagree with me on that one though. Both are great!

Popmart Santiago Chile if you can find it. The version of "Mysterious Ways" on this video is amazing as is the ending with "Mothers of the Disappeared". Also includes "Bad" which was extremely rare on the Popmart tour. This should have been the home video they released to the rest of the world. Much much better than the Mexico City show.

since ZooTV was better than POPMart I'll go with ZooTV

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Better Video: Popmart (since Zoo TV Sidney is incomplete)
Better tour: Zoo TV (of course)

ZOO TV rules. Hotter looking Bono. I can't manage to sit through Popmart, it hurts my eyes. I watch ZOO TV and rewind it and watch it again. I prefer the ZOO TV setlist, and, of course- MACPHISTO RULES!!
biggrin.gif

Popmart Chile is for me better than Mexico, better performance, fantastic version of Bad..like UVJ said it should have been chosen for the commercial release. As far as Popmart V Zoo Tv go...Zoo Tv all the way

Popmart: The music and musicianship are superior to ZooTV.

Some will disagree.

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"The skeletal structure of your foot is not normal." -- my podiatrist 8-6-01

Zoo Tv-Larry in leather and dogtags, what more could a girl want?

4624211.jpg

*laughs and runs away as another EYKIW thread becomes infiltrated with PLEBA-esque posts*

biggrin.gif

------------------
"Enough of this video bullshit, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry

~April

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

New York London Paris Munich

Everyone's talkin' 'bout POPMUSIK!!!!!!!!!!

I gotta side with POP....'cause it was the first tour I saw live. But ZOOTV rocks as well. Stay (Far Away So Close) is AMAZING. I fell in love w/ that song when I saw it on the video and Bono is leaning back, no mic., singing the oooooo's w/ the crowd. Gave me the chills......

But I predict that Elevation from Boston will be better...and I hope that you can see me in the crowd
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
To use the old hippy saying, it ain't where you're from, it's where you're at. And right now. If you're listening to this CD, you're already watching the sunset in your mind, feeling the heat on your skin and whilling away the hours. Simply chilled. Best way to keep it, really. -Matthew Kershaw - Ibiza Sunset.

Popmart
smile.gif
I dunno, maybe it's cause it was the first gig I went to too, but I love it.
For the Vid, Popmart, Dublin, 31st Aug 1997. I was there!
smile.gif
And got a vid boot! A bit dodge, but the best gig! Pity it wasn't a pro production vid of it.

Best video of all time will undoubtedly be Slane, 1st of September, 2001.

POP! I love the POP Live From MEX/(Chile one too) video way better than Zoo TV Live From S.Australia!!

Also, IMHO, POPMART TOUR, was just f*cken unbelievable compare to ZOOTV Tour!! (but then again when I saw ZooTV I was a kid) BUT POP was just outta this world!

And to me the POP era they all looked too good!
wink.gif

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

My choice without hesitation is ZOO TV. Great show, very entertaining, and the guys were so much sexier and better looking in ZOOTV!! MUCH more of a visual and musical treat for me than Popmart. ZOO TV by a thousand miles, baby!

Tough choice, I was at both and believe that each one has pro's and con's. If I have to choose, as in this case, I pick POPmart because of the all out build up in the balls to the wall jams. I.E. GONE,LNOE(What a build up and explosion),Please, MW,extended build to WTSHNN, and ONE jams more than usual. Can you tell I like jams?

ZOOTV!!! By the way, does anyone know exactly why they edited out those few tracks?? I believe they were "Tryin' to throw your arms", and "Angel of Harlem". I had a VHS recording of the original PPV broadcast, but like a dumbass, I borrowed it to someone, and never saw him, or the tape again! IMO these edited performances were definitely suitable for release, in fact I think TTTYAATW was absolutely fantastic live! So why were these cut? Was it an issue of tape length???...

------------------
"I'm already gone... Felt that way all along..."

zoo05.jpg

- 51 % of 'I,ME,Mine'

pop04.jpg

- 49 % ,

ZOOTV is better , no EvenBetterThanRealThing
Live form is better , Good costumes , Awesome audience ZOOMERANG WON !!!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by IvanClaytonJnr:
zoo05.jpg

- 51 % of 'I,ME,Mine'

pop04.jpg

- 49 % ,

ZOOTV is better , no EvenBetterThanRealThing
Live form is better , Good costumes , Awesome audience ZOOMERANG WON !!!
biggrin.gif

Dam - I just got goose bumps.
Just this week I used those two very pictures as artwork for the disks on a couple of my boots.

------------------
Imagine
//oo\\

http://eliv8.fws1.com/

I have to admit I'm pretty surprised at how many responses PopMart has gotten. Good for it! Usually pretty rare around these parts; when the two are compared at least.

PopMart was strong.

But...

...Z(T)(V).

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
Zoo Tv-Larry in leather and dogtags, what more could a girl want?

4624211.jpg

What more indeed!!

Just had to see this pic twice in this thread.
smile.gif

------------------
If they knock you down get right back up. That's the only way to do it. ~ Elvis Presley

Thanks for spending your hard earned cash on a rock show. ~ Bono, Houston, 4-2-01

Back
Top Bottom