ZooTV Dublin makes me want to hit up Capsule Corps for a time machine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhotswami

Blue Crack Addict
Tonight I've been staring at the stupid blinking cursor on MSWord, that taughts and teases me as it reminds me that I'm a miserable writer and I still have many pages to go. Meanwhile I had iTunes on, and have been thinking that it is playing the most gorgeous music I've ever heard in my life. I looked and saw it was going through my bootleg of ZooTV in Dublin, 1993.

This is just a damn good show. Every song is friggin amazing. Bad is absolutely incredible, and Bono hits notes higher than the clouds in the sky. I've never heard Bono get those notes that high live. Edge is tearing ass all over the stage. My socks fell off my feet because they were rocked so hard.

Interesting thing I noticed, Bono says in the beginning of Bad something like "Michael Jackson, if you're out there, I don't believe you're bad. Guilty before you've been given a chance, man."

Do I need to go see shows in Dublin from now on, or is this a once in a lifetime unparalleled performance? Any other thoughts on this particular show? Is there a better performance than this one? If you think so, I challenge you to a duel of kickass shows!

Man, I love Desire and TTTYAATW from that show. Good shit. Everything else is amazing too, but those are two gems we didn't get to see on the old Zoo TV Sydney video (luckily the DVD release remedied this as well :D)

You're right! I do have other performances of TTTY...WTF and I think this one is probably the better of those. I really like how it sounds live. It's a shame they don't perform it anymore.

You know, I wrote a fanfic about a girl that posted on a U2 forum that she wished she could go back in time and see a ZooTV show, and then she got an anonymous letter telling her to go to this abandoned building, which had a time portal in it that took her to 1992 where Zoo-era Edge (he's a time traveller, duh) was waiting for her to take her to the show.

So if you get any letters in the mail.... :shifty:

The only thing wrong about this wonderful show (best versions of Mysterious Ways and Bullet the Blue Sky ever, first bootleg I´ve ever heard and so on and so on...) is by far the worst version of With or Without You ever.

Everybody who heard the show knows what I´m talking about.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
You know, I wrote a fanfic about a girl that posted on a U2 forum that she wished she could go back in time and see a ZooTV show, and then she got an anonymous letter telling her to go to this abandoned building, which had a time portal in it that took her to 1992 where Zoo-era Edge (he's a time traveller, duh) was waiting for her to take her to the show.

:campsoutbesidemailbox:

I don't have many bootlegs, but this is by far my favourite.

Mysterious Ways...

"COME ON LOVE! COME ON LOVE!!!"
Edge's guitar...

And the UN's answering machine... :lol:

And Bullet/RTSS... And Love Is Blindness.... :drool: :drool:

Yeah, WOWY is the only non-fabulous part.

Must listen....

Definitely U2's best show - ever. Absolutely unbelievable version of Mysterious Ways with amazingly cool piano intro, incredible Bono vocals throughout and that oh so high pitched scream at the end. Truly stunning.

Superb version of One as well, Unchained Melody is such a beautiful snippet on the end and works even better when Bono's voice is on top form as is here.

Best version of Stay ever.

Satellite of Love is beautiful - "I love to watch things on Zoo TV... ooooooooo."

Halleluiah at the end of Running to Stand Still is breathtaking.

Great version of Ultra Violet, especially the 'My Way' snippet at the end which Bono really nails.

Gorgeous Love Is Blindness.

Gorgeous Can't Help Falling In Love, truly awesome Bono vocals.

Laughing Gas. said:
Great version of Ultra Violet, especially the 'My Way' snippet at the end which Bono really nails.

That part sent chills down my spine. Along with the end of Bad. Too bad this wasn't released on DVD :sad: I bet to be there though, a part of the crowd, was transcending.

and with or without you wasn't THAT bad. i actually like the version on this bootleg over the way it was played on the zoo tv sydney show.

"And a woman needs a man, like Clayton needs a handy cam, trying to throw his bass around the world..."

DreamOutLoud13 said:

I didn't get any mail yesterday :sad:

redhotswami said:
Tonight I've been staring at the stupid blinking cursor on MSWord, that taughts and teases me as it reminds me that I'm a miserable writer and I still have many pages to go. Meanwhile I had iTunes on, and have been thinking that it is playing the most gorgeous music I've ever heard in my life. I looked and saw it was going through my bootleg of ZooTV in Dublin, 1993.

This is just a damn good show. Every song is friggin amazing. Bad is absolutely incredible, and Bono hits notes higher than the clouds in the sky. I've never heard Bono get those notes that high live. Edge is tearing ass all over the stage. My socks fell off my feet because they were rocked so hard.

Interesting thing I noticed, Bono says in the beginning of Bad something like "Michael Jackson, if you're out there, I don't believe you're bad. Guilty before you've been given a chance, man."

Do I need to go see shows in Dublin from now on, or is this a once in a lifetime unparalleled performance? Any other thoughts on this particular show? Is there a better performance than this one? If you think so, I challenge you to a duel of kickass shows!

I was fortunate enough to attend both shows at the RDS.

The first night, I was in the GA section, separated from my friends, maybe thirty feet away from Edge's side of the stage, surrounded by dozens upon dozens of Irish strangers. And by the end of the night I never felt more among friends before in my life.

The second night, the show broadcast, the show you've been listening to, I was allllll the way in the back. I stood next to the VIP section/Sound board and watched it from a distance (I think I saw Ali and the kids) It was like the ending of Close Encounters, bright lights in the distance, bigger than life.

The music was unreal as it washed back to me and was just as memorable as the first night.

What I remember most about that particular show, was even after Stay was finished, the crowd kept singing the end part...and they wouldn't stop...even drifting into the next song...amazing...there's a reason that song is one of the band's finest accomplishments

It is certainly one of the few bootlegs I listen to often.

"Well it's a funny thing, writing some songs while you're still on tour, it's even harder when you try to play the fookin' things"

Back
Top Bottom