Zootopia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeartlandSoul

The Fly
I used to hang out at Zootopia a while back, and I met a lot of friends there. But now, it seems to have lost a lot of the fun it used to have. There's so much backstabbing and complaining and none of my friends even go there anymore. It doesn't seem to be fitting of our band :(

Interference: :up: :D

Sounds like this forum in ye days of old. Complainers. Me no likie.

Heh. Sounds like most of the places I used to hang out when I was a big ol' X-Phile.

So where is this place?

HeartlandSoul said:

Yeah :rolleyes: I don't know how you've survived this long without it.

Today's topic at Zootopia: "Let's make fun of everyone who can't spell."

Next week: "Let's bitch about how much we hate the B-sides."

:der:

This is why Interference Rules!!! :up:

bitch about the b-sides? now who would ever want to do that?

i was being serious...someone posts a bitch about the b sides thread here and i'll post angrily at them :wink:

i just thought it was kind of boring there...harder to find threads and i got lost...i also forogt my password and user name so i couldn't go back without making up a new one...i don't think i actually ever posted there...

HeartlandSoul said:

Yeah :rolleyes: I don't know how you've survived this long without it.

Today's topic at Zootopia: "Let's make fun of everyone who can't spell."

Next week: "Let's bitch about how much we hate the B-sides."

:der:

after that: "Let's post the link for Kristie's video of the week and eat up her bandwidth so the bandwidth police pound down her door!"

:angry:

And then.. "Lets talk shit about the mods and admins of Interference, mostly Sicy and Elvis!!"

:rolleyes:

Zoocrapia

:crack:

I haven't been there in ages...they accused me of being a "spy" and blamed me for sending out Interference emails to them, way back when we started the donation drive. :laugh:

One person even took my email and put me on a bunch of junk mail lists. I had to eventually get rid of that email and get a new one.

I just visit the Bono folder of Zootopia and almost all the girls are very nice. I have some very good friends there :yes:

By the way, I don't like the other forums, especially the General Discussion and Zootopians area. Some people are scary :uhoh:

I have only been to the Bono folder. The people there have always been nice to me, except this one guy who was a real ass and got banned. Sometimes they do post stuff they find here from PLEBA girls' sites and take credit for it and use up the bandwidth, that's true. But I don't think there's anything malicious behind it, they just want cool stuff and their board is so lame! It would be nice if they'd give credit where it came from but I guess they didn't think of that. You can't even post pics there and the replies are so confusing. You have to click on a post to read it so most people never click on them all so they miss stuff and sometimes repeat what was already posted. The color scheme is ugly too. You'd think the official U2 site could come up with a better board design. Maybe one day they'll upgrade it. It's gotten boring lately so I hardly even go there.

I haven't seen anyone in the Bono folder diss any of the mods here. But I don't read all the other forums and I don't go there much. I didn't know about any soap opera type stuff. *nosey*:shifty:

Last edited:
May I just say...Not *everyone* from Zootopia sucks. It just depends on who you talk to. I have personally met several people from there, and they were all wonderful people.

But I do know about the posts and the people you're talking about. I'm just suggesting that it's not a good idea to make broad generalizations like that.

And remember, there is much more order here because there's more people who are willing to put the time and effort that it takes to moderate a place like this. All Zootopia has is a few Sysops, and they mostly work behind a little curtain. No friendly reminders of the rules or anything like that.

Just a thought... :)

I went there once, and made up a user name and password which took me exactly 8 seconds to forget. I KNOW what the password was, but I can't remember my user name! I really don't like the layout; it's very confusing to my computer-illiterate brain. I like boards where you don't have to click again to read the next post.

That being said...

YAY INTERFERENCE!

:hyper:

PaleBlueDot said:
May I just say...Not *everyone* from Zootopia sucks. It just depends on who you talk to. I have personally met several people from there, and they were all wonderful people.

But I do know about the posts and the people you're talking about. I'm just suggesting that it's not a good idea to make broad generalizations like that.

And remember, there is much more order here because there's more people who are willing to put the time and effort that it takes to moderate a place like this. All Zootopia has is a few Sysops, and they mostly work behind a little curtain. No friendly reminders of the rules or anything like that.

Just a thought... :)

I agree! I remember you from Zootopia, PaleBlueDot! But I don't think we ever officially met :wave: Hello!

Yes there are some good people there but it's sad that you have to put up with all the crap to get to know these nice U2 fans. I made a lot of good friends there, but finally the bad outweighed the good, and I left.

I agree about the sysops. . .they don't seem to be able to take care of the problems enough. They sometimes are a little "slack" in enforcing the rules. Also, Interference is a little more structured and takes a bit of time to join (more fields to fill in, etc.) so people who are just looking to cause trouble might find it too much of a bother. Plus here we can't change our screen names every five minutes like you can in Zootopia. That's how a lot of the troublemaking gets started. . .

I think Interference is a much happier, safer place to be :D

Back
Top Bottom