Zootopia - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2003, 04:05 PM   #21
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:56 AM
i think boomcha should go over an raise hell

Old 02-15-2003, 04:06 PM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo

Woo hoo!!! Finally, I have permission!!!

We rock, that's all there is to it.

Old 02-15-2003, 06:04 PM   #23
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo
Woo hoo!!! Finally, I have permission!!!
If I could transfer my admin powers over there I'd ban them all.
Old 02-16-2003, 04:48 AM   #24
you are what you is

Local Time: 06:56 AM
ah Zootopia
saw it once or twice

I don't doubt I'm also loved over there though
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 02-16-2003, 08:10 AM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

I haven't seen anyone in the Bono folder diss any of the mods here. But I don't read all the other forums and I don't go there much. I didn't know about any soap opera type stuff. *nosey*
Old 02-16-2003, 03:26 PM   #26
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Usually the interference bashing is in the general folder.
Old 02-16-2003, 03:41 PM   #27
War Child

May I just say...Not *everyone* from Zootopia sucks. It just depends on who you talk to. I have personally met several people from there, and they were all wonderful people.

But I do know about the posts and the people you're talking about. I'm just suggesting that it's not a good idea to make broad generalizations like that.

And remember, there is much more order here because there's more people who are willing to put the time and effort that it takes to moderate a place like this. All Zootopia has is a few Sysops, and they mostly work behind a little curtain. No friendly reminders of the rules or anything like that.

Just a thought...
Old 02-16-2003, 05:48 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

I went there once, and made up a user name and password which took me exactly 8 seconds to forget. I KNOW what the password was, but I can't remember my user name! I really don't like the layout; it's very confusing to my computer-illiterate brain. I like boards where you don't have to click again to read the next post.

That being said...

YAY INTERFERENCE!

Old 02-16-2003, 06:20 PM   #29
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by PaleBlueDot
May I just say...Not *everyone* from Zootopia sucks. It just depends on who you talk to. I have personally met several people from there, and they were all wonderful people.

But I do know about the posts and the people you're talking about. I'm just suggesting that it's not a good idea to make broad generalizations like that.

And remember, there is much more order here because there's more people who are willing to put the time and effort that it takes to moderate a place like this. All Zootopia has is a few Sysops, and they mostly work behind a little curtain. No friendly reminders of the rules or anything like that.

Just a thought...
I agree! I remember you from Zootopia, PaleBlueDot! But I don't think we ever officially met Hello!

Yes there are some good people there but it's sad that you have to put up with all the crap to get to know these nice U2 fans. I made a lot of good friends there, but finally the bad outweighed the good, and I left.

I agree about the sysops. . .they don't seem to be able to take care of the problems enough. They sometimes are a little "slack" in enforcing the rules. Also, Interference is a little more structured and takes a bit of time to join (more fields to fill in, etc.) so people who are just looking to cause trouble might find it too much of a bother. Plus here we can't change our screen names every five minutes like you can in Zootopia. That's how a lot of the troublemaking gets started. . .

I think Interference is a much happier, safer place to be
Old 02-16-2003, 06:24 PM   #30
BAW
The Flower

Quote:
Originally posted by HeartlandSoul

I think Interference is a much happier, safer place to be
Old 02-16-2003, 06:29 PM   #31
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
I have only been to the Bono folder. The people there have always been nice to me, except this one guy who was a real ass and got banned.
I hope it wasn't the psycho stalker guy from Australia who always wanted to talk about INXS (Not at INXS, they're cool )
Old 02-16-2003, 07:08 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

crys

Quote:
Originally posted by HeartlandSoul

I hope it wasn't the psycho stalker guy from Australia who always wanted to talk about INXS (Not at INXS, they're cool )
Ahhh! He did PM me and ask me if I liked INXS. When I said no, he proceeded to violently threaten me and cuss me out. Dumbass, two minutes later, he used another alias to start in on me again and when I called him on it, he flew into another rage!

I never read the General folder, it looked like an out of control mess.
Old 02-16-2003, 09:00 PM   #33
Refugee

Local Time: 01:56 AM
I had problems there with other brazilian fans, believe me. They have their own clique there. I was not allowed to get in.
Old 02-17-2003, 10:06 AM   #34
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

Ahhh! He did PM me and ask me if I liked INXS. When I said no, he proceeded to violently threaten me and cuss me out. Dumbass, two minutes later, he used another alias to start in on me again and when I called him on it, he flew into another rage!

Well he messaged me too but he was pretty polite. I think I talked to him before he went psycho He didn't like me because I was American and not "available." But he did harrass some of my friends.

Yep some really weird stuff happened in the General folder. This is what I'm talking about
Old 02-17-2003, 10:11 AM   #35
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by follower
I had problems there with other brazilian fans, believe me. They have their own clique there. I was not allowed to get in.
I know what you mean I was friends with some of the Brazilian fans and I tried to stick up for you guys

I was never part of the clique either
Old 02-17-2003, 10:40 AM   #36
War Child

I was a member of Zootopia before I came here. I still am, but I definitely like Feedback better. Zootopia is more formal, and not as friendly as Feedback. Feedback is more oopen and relaxed, which I like better.
Old 02-17-2003, 12:54 PM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie

One thing that bothers me about Zootopia is you don't feel the immediate connection, if that makes sense. On Feedback, you can tell the members like and respect eachother, but on Zootopia, I always feel like there's hostility, and there's no sense of community. I know there are nice Zootopians, just from the sheer amount of nice members here that are also Zootopians, but.. yeah. It's disappointing to think that a U2's official forum can be as awful as it is.