Zoostation is on About A Boy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
This has probably been posted about before, I dont really care one way or the other. Actually I dont even know why I'm posting this even, but they play Zoo Station in the movie About A Boy. How it's worked in is quite funny/clever. I liked it.

That's all I have to say about that.

It's actually quite an entertaining movie, which I was very suprised by.

Why post something you think is pointless :scratch:

I :heart: the movie you gotta see it :hyper:

elevatedmole said:
Loved About A Boy. I just saw it last month, and no, not just to hear Zoo Station. ;)

Sadly, I bet there are people who will go rent this movie just because they heard U2 is on during it.

I went and bought the DVD of this movie (which is great by the way) and to hear Zoostation all of a sudden was funny. Even my friends who have seen the movie mention to me (of course) "hey U2 is in that movie!!) hehe!:yes:

so how is it used... for all us too lazy to see it. i might see it at some point though. we'll see.

haha, i clicked on the topic link because i thought it said "Zoostation is about a boy"

I almost rented About a Boy the other day but opted to rent Igby Goes Down.

Great book, great movie, but the movie is waaaaaay off from the book. The book is based around Nirvana, grunge, and the death of Kurt Cobain. The book has Will blasting Nirvana to keep Marcus away--the movie has Zoo Station. Not that I didn't love that...I think Zoo Station is under-rated. I think it kicks ass, but I wish they wouldn't have made the movie so much more different than the book....

I think the change from the book to the movie was to keep with the times, because the movie is basically updated to our era (rather than the early 90s). Rap is currently the big thing, so it's logical they put that in.

Nick Hornby rules.

I freaked out in the theatre with my brother next to me, and started to hit him when the song came on. Then he thought it was the only reason I agreed to go to the movies with him :lol: but I swear I had no idea it was in there!
I agree ot was cool the way they used it and great movie as well!

I remember that, I saw it in the movie theater, good film, a little melodramatic at times, but it is a Hugh Grant film, more importantly, I love the Soundtrack by Badly Drawn Boy

One thing that really struck me about 'Zoo Station' when hearing it on the big screen, was just how big a song it is -- it's like a classic U2 song in that it really just overflows with exploding guitars and choruses. It could have been on Joshua Tree minus the trashy beats.

What's also funny is that this is the second Hugh Grant movie with a U2 reference.. the other being Four Weddings...

:hmm:

I think someone needs to interview ole Hugh Mungo about his U2 fandom, yes? :cute:

Michael Griffiths said:
HelloAngel -

What was the U2 reference in 4 Weddings?

Well.. let's see... :hmm:

Ah yes..

When Charlie and "Duckface" are arguing at one of the weddings bc he had sat at a table with her mother.. they get to discussing their relationship, during which she says:

"I thought U2 was a submarine"

"Well, you know, you're right.. Their music has a very naval quality."

:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom