Zooropa vs Da Bomb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zooropa vs Da Bombdiggity

• Zooropa

Votes: 114 47.9%
  • How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

Votes: 124 52.1%

• Total voters
gareth brown said:

...this post is like freely admitting to walking on the rough side of town with your wife of 20 years and deciding to take home a tramp instead!

What can I say? I like to live dangerously. :wink:

Really, though. As much as I love Zooropa, it didn't have enough real "songs" for me to consider it my favorite U2 album. But at the same time, Bomb doesn't have enough of a main theme or enough lyrical prowess for me to consider it my favorite album.

It's like choosing between my children, though. :(

WHY COULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN ATYCLB VS. ZOOROPA? That would have been so much easier. :sad:

WildHoneyAlways said:
:hmm:

Songs I really Like on Zooropa

Songs I really like on "Da Bombdiggity"

This is tough. I would think Zooropa would come out on top just b/c of Dirty Day but then I have to consider Miracle Drug.

I find it easier to listen to Da Bomb straight through than Zooropa.
But! I believe the lack of Zooropa songs played on tour this year may be clouding my judgement. (The First Time was bad ass the first time I heard it though.)
:scream:

Moreover, chip won't be thanking be for being indecisive in his thread b/c I have not really contributed in any sort of meaningful way.
Carry on.

this is why I made this thread. I'm not sure which one I like better either.

Thank you for your contribtion to this thread.

XHendrix24 said:

What can I say? I like to live dangerously. :wink:

Really, though. As much as I love Zooropa, it didn't have enough real "songs" for me to consider it my favorite U2 album. But at the same time, Bomb doesn't have enough of a main theme or enough lyrical prowess for me to consider it my favorite album.

It's like choosing between my children, though. :(

WHY COULDN'T IT HAVE BEEN ATYCLB VS. ZOOROPA? That would have been so much easier. :sad:

interesting :hmm: i have to say i'd find it a lot harder myself!

Song by song...

Zooropa > Vertigo
Babyface < Miracle Drug
Numb < Sometimes
Lemon > Love and Peace or Else (that was tough!)
Stay > City
Daddy's Gonna Pay < All Because of You
Some Days < A Man and a Woman
The First Time > Crumbs
Dirty Day > One Step Closer
The Wanderer < Original of the Species
The alarm at the end of The Wanderer > Yahweh
:wink: just kidding

Ok so that's Zooropa 5, Bomb 5, not counting Yahweh and Fast Cars. However I'm going to have to pick Zooropa because it flows better as an album. HTDAAB isn't as consistant. Still, both great albums.

Chizip, I expect to be thanked for this contribution. Thank you for making this thread.

dudeman said:
can you guys stop referring to it as 'da bomb' or 'da bombdiggi...' o feck, i can't spell that shit.
it really creeps me out. i thought we were going to be in trouble when they released an album with the word 'bomb' in the title. 6 years to late.
shit.
who let tha dawgs out?!

thank you for your contribution to this thread

Zooropa Vertigo

Vertigo 0-1

Babyface Miracle Drug

Babyface 1-1

Numb Sometimes

Sometimes 1-2

Lemon Love and Peace or Else

Lemon 2-2

Stay City Of Blinding Lights

Stay 3-2

Daddy's Gonna Pay All Because of You

All Because Of you 3-3

Some Days A Man and a Woman

tie

The First Time Crumbs

Crumbs 3-4

Dirty Day One Step Closer

Dirty Day 4-4

The Wanderer Original of the Species

Original 5-4

zooropa 5-4 HTDAAB

close, I like both albums but Zooropa just wins

zooropa.jpg

I had to go with Zooropa...the cover art is just wayyy damn cooler than the Bomb.

Plus, that !!*^*ing zoo baby was calling out to me from the shelf:

VOTE ME, VOTE ME!!!

:crazy:

the rockin edge said:
Zooropa Vertigo

Vertigo 0-1

Babyface Miracle Drug

Babyface 1-1

Numb Sometimes

Sometimes 1-2

Lemon Love and Peace or Else

Lemon 2-2

Stay City Of Blinding Lights

Stay 3-2

Daddy's Gonna Pay All Because of You

All Because Of you 3-3

Some Days A Man and a Woman

tie

The First Time Crumbs

Crumbs 3-4

Dirty Day One Step Closer

Dirty Day 4-4

The Wanderer Original of the Species

Original 5-4

zooropa 5-4 HTDAAB

close, I like both albums but Zooropa just wins
:scratch:

Doesn't that make it 5-4 HTDAAB?

I'm not one to make rash and unfounded accusations but do you swear, under oath that some zooropa lover didn't buy your vote or was it an honest mistake?
:eyebrow:

Don't wait for the translation, Mr Ambassador

:wink:

CPTLCTYGOOFBALL said:

:scratch:

Doesn't that make it 5-4 HTDAAB?

I'm not one to make rash and unfounded accusations but do you swear, under oath that some zooropa lover didn't buy your vote or was it an honest mistake?
:eyebrow:

Don't wait for the translation, Mr Ambassador

:wink:

:reject: :uhoh:

uh, a mistake. but i'm not voting for da bomb...as said above the album art is way cooler on zooropa:wink:

I agree with alot of what people are saying, that Bomb has better songs and Zooropa has a better concept. I think as a U2 fan I'd say HTDAAB, but for music in general, I think Zooropa is more substantial. It also has the coolest album art ever.

angelordevil said:
zooropa.jpg

I had to go with Zooropa...the cover art is just wayyy damn cooler than the Bomb.

Plus, that !!*^*ing zoo baby was calling out to me from the shelf:

VOTE ME, VOTE ME!!!

:crazy:

:drool: so true

Tough choice! I'm really in a Zooropa phase at the moment, but I also love listening to HTDAAB.....hmmmmm

I am kind of surprised at how many people would choose A Man and a Woman over Some Days. Man and a Woman is by far my least fav. off the album.

If I HAVE to choose........I'm gonna go with HTDAAB because I do like the flow of it as a whole. Zooropa is a great, great, great album I just can't pick it for some reason :huh:

Good Songs on Zooropa
-Zooropa
-Numb
-Lemon
-Stay
-Some Days are Better Than Others
-Dirty Day
-Total of 6

Good Songs on htdaab
-Vertigo
-Miracle Drug
-Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own
-Love and Peace or Else
-City of Blinding Lights
-Crumbs From Your Table
-Original of the Species
-Total of 7

So Bomb wins

Zooropa is cool because of the circumstances around its release (the middle of the ZooTV tour, etc.).

Bomb is a little like a greatest hits record... most of the songs are brilliant but rarely am I in the mood for all of them.

I'll take Zooropa to listen to straight through. But the Bomb tracks would get heavier rotation on an iPod if I had one.

tommycharles said:
Zooropa is cool because of the circumstances around its release (the middle of the ZooTV tour, etc.).

Bomb is a little like a greatest hits record... most of the songs are brilliant but rarely am I in the mood for all of them.

I'll take Zooropa to listen to straight through. But the Bomb tracks would get heavier rotation on an iPod if I had one.

I agree with a majority of this post, except that I rarely ever listen to HTDAAB, thus it receives little rotation on my iPod.

Zooropa's my choice :dancing:

I think Zooropa is closer to the real U2 than HTDAAB - I like both albums but after Pop u2 plans out each album like a complex military attack - nothing is left to chance. I like all the songs on the album but then again I think that I'm supposed to like all the songs on this album

Zooropa is an adventure -with little time to really think about what they were doing (or overanalyze for that matter) Zooropa is a look into u2's collective head at the time. The lyrics are more personal, the sounds different. It takes more than one listen to really like this album

so my pick is Zooropa

I'd have to do song by song.

Zooropa > Vertigo
Babyface < Miracle Drug
Numb > SYCMIOYO
Lemon > LAPOE
Stay > COBL
DGPFYCC < All Because of You
SDABTO > AMAAW
The First Time > Crumbs
Dirty Day > One Step Closer
The Wanderer < OOTS