Zooropa - I think it might be my favourite album!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While it's one of my more listened-to albums, it's uneven.

Too bad they didn't substitute Some days..., Daddy's gonna pay... and Numb for Thrill me, kiss me, kill me, Wake up dead man and If you wear that velvet dress.

U2girl said:
While it's one of my more listened-to albums, it's uneven.

Too bad they didn't substitute Some days..., Daddy's gonna pay... and Numb for Thrill me, kiss me, kill me, Wake up dead man and If you wear that velvet dress.

WHAT? This is blasphemy. Wake Up Dead Man is the response to everything that came before it on POP. The perfect closing song! Why Velvet Dress but not Numb? Both have deep spoken word vocals. Numb fits better on Zooropa cuz of the electronic industrial vibe while Velvet Dress fits on POP because of it's more jazzy rock, sexual vibe. Thrill Me Kiss Me...is a great pop song but not strange and alien enough to be on Zooropa. In actuality, it would fit better on POP. Daddy's gonna pay and Some Days...why are these bad songs? They're fucking U2 having fun for a change. Not to mention great pop songs. POP may be called POP, but it's Zooropa that is truly the u2 "POP" album.

Love Zooropa very much.
Very , very cool album and way ahead of it`s time indeed.

Question : wasn`t Numb a left-over from the AB sessions????

Cheers ,

Mauwer

I actually got quite into this album when it came out, but honestly don't enjoy it quite as much now when I listen to it.

Although it's never been my favorite (or even second favorite) U2 albutm, there are some great tracks.

Zooropa is a standout track that still holds up very well today. I also love Stay and Dirty Day. Some Days, Lemon, Daddy's Gonna Pay and The First Time are also good songs, but a notch below the other three.

Babyface is just okay and I don't really care that much for Numb (although I don't hate it or anything).

If this is truly Bono's "favorite album", I'm amazed it's been almost completely ignored over the last several tours.

They did Stay on the All You Can't tour and they rotated in the First Time this last tour for a few shows, but that's been it.

Not sure if they have ever played Stay, full babd/electric. I wish they would, the acoustic version just isn't as good...Stay is one of the most beautiful songs written by anybody, plus it could be Bono's best vocal performance.

I love achtung baby, but i think zooropa is much better. It took me alot longer to get into achtung baby whereas with zooropa i listened to it once and was hooked.

Back
Top Bottom