Zooropa Grammy acceptance speech?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Does anybody here have a video file or link to Bono's Grammy award acceptance speech for Zooropa from 1994 I think... for best alternative album? Isn't that the "we will continue to fuck the mainstream" speech? I haven't seen it in ages! It would be sweet if somebody had a link or something. :drool: Couldn't find it on youtube, strangely enough. :huh:

Zootlesque said:
Does anybody here have a video file or link to Bono's Grammy award acceptance speech for Zooropa from 1994 I think... for best alternative album? Isn't that the "we will continue to fuck the mainstream" speech? I haven't seen it in ages! It would be sweet if somebody had a link or something. :drool: Couldn't find it on youtube, strangely enough. :huh:

Here ya go!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jDgkvGOl4Ac

Here's Bonos indroduction of Frank Sinatra from the same broadcast. Great speech.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kokDnOxeK-g

Last edited:
omg omg omg omg I have been waiting YEARS to see that :faint:

Thank you Zoots for starting the thread, and CPTLCTY for uploading it to YouTube, and GG for suggesting that somebody reupload it, 'cause Realplayers never work for me!

And I hate to go all PLEBAn here, but :drool: 1994 was a good year, and f-bombs are sexy :combust:

Re: Re: Re: Zooropa Grammy acceptance speech?

Zootlesque said:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :bow: x infinity

*bookmarks link* :D

Woah...you couldn't have left that comment, could you Nineties Nut? :wink:

Thank you Zoots and CPTLCTYGOOFBALL!!

(I've saved it as an avi if anyone wants the download let me know and I'll post it)

DreamOutLoud13 said:
omg omg omg omg I have been waiting YEARS to see that :faint:

Thank you Zoots for starting the thread, and CPTLCTY for uploading it to YouTube, and GG for suggesting that somebody reupload it, 'cause Realplayers never work for me!

And I hate to go all PLEBAn here, but :drool: 1994 was a good year, and f-bombs are sexy :combust:

I didn't upload it, I just found it, but no problem.

drunker than Bono? :ohmy: :wink:

He did look real good. :love:

I like how he said he didn't want the winning envelope, wonder who got it? :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom