Zooropa couldve been U2's best with one more track

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

t8thgr8

War Child
If they just wouldve slid thrill me kill me in there in there at track 6 right after stay, it wouldve changed everything. think about it. All zooropa was missing was a true rocker.

zooropa
babyface
numb
lemon
stay
hold me thrill me kiss me kill me
daddys gonna pay for your crashed car
some days are better than others
the first time
dirty day
the wanderer

classic :drool:

Zooropa is their best WITHOUT the extra track.

Pop could've used it though...HMTMKMKM & Holy Joe (Garage Mix) :drool: :drool: :drool:

It's too T.REX for that album, too rocking.

Zooropa was an album where Edge wanted the guitar to not even sound like a guitar.

im sure it went through changes before it was released in 95. who knows what it sounded liek back then, im imagining it wasnt all batman-y wild. the cinematic violins kill it.

LemonMelon said:
Zooropa is their best WITHOUT the extra track.

Pop could've used it though...HMTMKMKM & Holy Joe (Garage Mix) :drool: :drool: :drool:

pop could make more sense but ive alway thought zooropa's objective was the grandiose and extreme. this song fits that idea perfectly

pop couldve used it though instead of angels. angels coulve been a bside. instead they chose that movie song to put on an album and left of this one. they shoot themselves in the foot too often with dumb decisions.

xanax and wine left off bomb

this song left off an album

rattle n hum shouldve been a double disc

etc

come to think of it
pop couldve been what everyone was waiting for. or is waiting for, rather.

discoteque
do you feel loved
mofo
staring at the sun
last night on earth
gone
hold me thrill me
miami
holy joe
velvet dress
please
wake up dead man

has achtung II written all over it.

europop2005 said:
there is one more track...

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I played Zooropa for the first time on my new car stereo while I was on a trip a few weekends ago, and I nearly swerved off the road at that part because I'd forgotten about it.

HMTMKMKM is a good bridge between the end the Zoo era and Pop, I think. I don't know if I would've liked it as much if it appeared on Zooropa, because I don't think it could've sounded the way it did in 1993.

BonoIsMyMuse said:

I played Zooropa for the first time on my new car stereo while I was on a trip a few weekends ago, and I nearly swerved off the road at that part because I'd forgotten about it.

:wink: lol

Before I put Zooropa on my Ipod, I went in with an audio editor and deleted the "hidden track" beeping after The Wanderer. I can't stand it.

BonoIsMyMuse said:

HMTMKMKM is a good bridge between the end the Zoo era and Pop, I think. I don't know if I would've liked it as much if it appeared on Zooropa, because I don't think it could've sounded the way it did in 1993.

good post

it just bothers me they left it off a u2 album, there really shouldve been a record between zooropa and pop. or they shouldve put it on os1, fuckin eno. if it werent for him there wouldve been a fourth album in the 90's instead of that random shit.

david said:
It's too T.REX for that album, too rocking.

Zooropa was an album where Edge wanted the guitar to not even sound like a guitar.
Yeah it would work better on Pop, but it really wouldn't be in place there either.

Sextastic anyway, though.

ZOOROPA is perfect as it is as we know it!
...and HMTMKMKM is perfect as it is as a single release as we know it!
its pure T.REX...:rockon: and its in my top 10

Zooropa is a masterpeice, there isnt many group that could be so brave and release something totaly different from what they done before, when they are so succesfull like U2 were at that point.

There is no bad song on that album and each song is totaly different from the each other but still it has something that make them belong togheter on the same album.

I hope that U2 could release this kind of an album again.

t8thgr8 said:
im sure it went through changes before it was released in 95. who knows what it sounded liek back then, im imagining it wasnt all batman-y wild. the cinematic violins kill it.

It didnt change a whole lot. It was still pretty much the rocker in 93 that was released in 95. The band had the songs divided into two categories. The "guitar" songs and the non "guitar" songs. They decided to go with the non guitar type of album. That is why HMTMKMKM wasnt on Zooropa along with a couple of other rockers that still havent surfaced to this day unfortunately. I think a few morphed into other songs that did get released though.

Zooropa is one of my least favorite U2 albums. Dirty Day and Zooropa are great songs. Stay is alright, I can see why some like it, but it doesnt do anything for me. I actually have the opposite opinion of it. I think it should have been left an EP. Then only the top songs would have made it because I think it has alot of "filler" on it. Plus it sounds rushed and unfinished to me. Sort of like POP does but I think POP has more quality songs, they just didnt finish those songs. Zooropa would have been a really good EP, but it makes an overall average album for me.

God Part III said:
What are you talking about, Zooropa is their best record, period!

Not to me, obviously its about opinions. I dont think you are going to find alot of U2 fans that think its their best album either. If you like it, great. I dont and I explained why I dont.

then zooropa shouldve either been a double album with one rocker side and one guitarless side or as i stated before there shouldve been that record for these songs in 95. i still say zooropa couldve used hmtmkmkm. it wouldve made a huge diff.

HMTMKMKM would not have worked on Zooropa for three reasons:

1. Without the Batman motif, fans would have just said it was the band's attempt to reproduce EBTTRT.
2. The song is too heavy for the album and wouldn't make sense in the tracklist.
3. Fans would complain that the album was a sad attempt to copy Achtung Baby.

There were a handful of songs that they worked on for Zooropa that they left off for various reasons:

Two Shots of Happy was called Sinatra song at the time and was left off.

Miss Sarajevo
HMTMKMKM was left off
Velvet Dress
If God will send his angels
Wake Up, Dead man
Slow dancing

Those are some of the songs they had pretty much worked out at the time of Zooropa but left off that album for a later date.

What could have fit in Zooropa would be a better worked version of... "Goldeneye". We know the demos, Macphisto on action an that instrumental is a bit experimental for U2's standards at the time.

jedi Larry said:
There were a handful of songs that they worked on for Zooropa that they left off for various reasons:

Two Shots of Happy was called Sinatra song at the time and was left off.

Miss Sarajevo
HMTMKMKM was left off
Velvet Dress
If God will send his angels
Wake Up, Dead man
Slow dancing

Those are some of the songs they had pretty much worked out at the time of Zooropa but left off that album for a later date.

The song "Sinatra" is what became "Stay". It wasnt Two Shots. Two Shots was always titled that because Bono wrote the lyric for it before they wrote the song. One of the few times that has happened.

Blue Room said:

Zooropa is one of my least favorite U2 albums. Dirty Day and Zooropa are great songs. Stay is alright, I can see why some like it, but it doesnt do anything for me. I actually have the opposite opinion of it. I think it should have been left an EP. Then only the top songs would have made it because I think it has alot of "filler" on it. Plus it sounds rushed and unfinished to me. Sort of like POP does but I think POP has more quality songs, they just didnt finish those songs. Zooropa would have been a really good EP, but it makes an overall average album for me.

Wow! I completely respect your opinion because we all have such differing views and none are "more right" than others.

BUT, you and I could not have more differeing opinons on this if we tried! :wink: I'm ALL ABOUT Zooropa and POP is, without a doubt, my LEAST favorite U2 release.

To each his own, I'm just chuckling at how disparate our views are. hehehehehehe

jonnytakeawalk said:

the whole 'adjustment time' thing is definately a myth :yes:

I actually remember you or someone saying when I got Zooropa that if you don't like it straight away you never will. I actually completey disagree. Achtung took me a very very long time to warm up to, but now it is my second favourite album.

Back
Top Bottom